Written-By – Midnight Oil. 4:18. Midnight Oil. Blue Sky Mining (LP, Album). 465653 1.
Album · 1990 · 10 Songs. Blue Sky Mining (Remastered) Midnight Oil. Rock. More By Midnight Oil. See All. Diesel and Dust (Remastered).
Midnight Oil release the album Blue Sky Mining. The song is a Top 10 hit on the ARIA singles chart and tops the rock charts in the US. Near the end of the 19th century, asbestos became a staple for builders and manufacturers, who found the fibrous mineral was ideal for insulation as it was durable, inflammable, not to mention affordable. In the 1930s, Wittenoom started mining for blue asbestos and was the only supplier of the product in Western Australia.
Midnight Oil. Blue Sky Mining (Remastered), 2014. Blue Sky Mine, 04:15. Bedlam Bridge, 04:32. Mountains of Burma, 04:54. River Runs Red, 05:22. Shakers and Movers, 04:26.
Blue Sky Mining is an album by Australian alternative rock band Midnight Oil which was released on 25 February 1990 under the Columbia Records label. In March the album peaked at number one on the ARIA Albums Chart for two weeks. A limited release of the record featured clear blue vinyl. The lead single "Blue Sky Mine" reached on Modern Rock Tracks.
Success didn't change Midnight Oil with their 1990 album Blue Sky Mining. The Australian band had finally broken through with their previous record, Diesel and Dust, but chart accomplishments didn't temper the group. Blue Sky Mining found lead singer Peter Garrett and the boys singing about familiar themes with their usual passion. The songs aren't quite on par with those from Diesel and Dust, but there's still enough here to make it a worthy follow-up.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Blue Sky Mine
Written-By – Midnight Oil
|A2||Stars Of Warburton||4:43|
|A5||Mountains Of Burma||4:50|
|B1||King Of The Mountain||3:58|
|B2||River Runs Red||5:23|
|B3||Shakers And Movers||4:32|
Written-By – Rotsey*
- Manufactured By – Tecnodisco, S.A.
- Copyright (c) – Midnight Oil
- Bass, Vocals – Bones Hillman
- Design [Cover Design] – Livingstone Clark
- Design [Logo Design] – Andrew Richardson
- Drums, Vocals – Rob Hirst
- Engineer – David Nicholas
- Engineer [Assistant] – Brendan Morley
- Engineer [Remix] – Felix Kendall (tracks: A2, A5, B3)
- French Horn – Jeremy Smith
- Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals – Jim Moginie
- Guitar, Vocals – Martin Rotsey
- Horns [Swell] – Garf , Glad*
- Leader [Strings] – Phillip Hartl
- Management – Michael Lippold
- Photography [Backcover] – North Sullivan
- Photography [Frontcover] – Gunther Deichmann
- Producer, Keyboards [Additional] – Warne Livesey
- Producer, Recorded By, Concept By [Cover Concept] – Midnight Oil
- Technician [Tuning], Other [Business] – Gary Morris
- Vocals – Peter Garrett
- Written-By – Moginie* (tracks: A2, A4, B1 to B5), Garrett* (tracks: A2, B3 to B5), Hirst* (tracks: A2 to B2, B5)
NotesReleased with printed inner sleeve.
Recorded in Sydney, 1989, at Rhino.
Recycled Paper logo on back cover
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 5 099746 565312
- Barcode: 5099746565312
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, A-side, machine stamped): 465653-1 A 0
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, B-side, machine stamped): 465653-1 B 0
- Rights Society: SGAE
- Depósito Legal: M-44971-1989
- Price Code (On back cover, in a box): PD
- Distribution Code: CB 321
- Price Code (On back cover, circled): 58
- Other (On back cover): 01-465653-20
|465653 1||Midnight Oil||Blue Sky Mining (LP, Album)||CBS||465653 1||Australia||1990|
|C 45398||Midnight Oil||Blue Sky Mining (LP, Album)||Columbia||C 45398||US||1990|
|465653 1||Midnight Oil||Blue Sky Mining (LP, Album)||CBS||465653 1||UK||1990|
|465653 2, COL 465653 2||Midnight Oil||Blue Sky Mining (CD, Album, RE)||Columbia, Columbia||465653 2, COL 465653 2||Europe||1990|
|83-70193||Midnight Oil||Blue Sky Mining (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Billboard||83-70193||Unknown|