In 1995, Los Lobos released the prestigious and bestselling record Papa's Dream on Music for Little People Records along with veteran guitarist and singer Lalo Guerrero. The band also scored the film Desperado. The album track "Mariachi Suite" won a Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Performance and stands as their last Grammy Award to date (the other two Grammy Awards were in the category of Best Mexican-American Performance in 1983 and 1989 for the song "Anselma" and the album La Pistola y el Corazón).
Profilo: Multiple Grammy Award winning American Chicano rock band founded in 1973 in Dixon, California. Their music is influenced by rock and roll, Tex-Mex, country, folk, R&B, blues, brown-eyed soul, and traditional Spanish and Mexican music such as cumbia, boleros and norteños. Membri: Cesar Rosas, Conrad Lozano, Cougar Estrada, David Hidalgo, Louie Perez, Steve Berlin. Los Lobos Del Este De Los Angeles. Just Another Band From East . New Vista Production. Vendi questa versione. Los Lobos With Lalo Guerrero - Papa's Dream (Album). Music For Little People.
Album: Papa'S Dream (With Lalo Guerrero). Long ago before the TV was invented When Papa Lalo and his friends were still young people They had a guitar that was old and kind of dented And they learned to sing these songs we call corrido The corrido is a way of telling stories Of what we do and how we dream and who we see Of famous people, crazy times.
Papa's Dream is a children's album by Los Lobos with Lalo Guerrero and the Children's Coro of Los Cenzontles Musical Arts Center of San Pablo, California, released on Music for Little People, Warner Bros Track Listing. La Bamba" - Los Lobos. Narration - Lalo Guerrero. Wooly Bully" - Los Lobos. Buzz, Buzz, Buzz" - Los Lobos (John Gray/Bobby Day). Route 90" - Los Lobos. Corrido For Papa Lalo" - Los Lobos. Music for Little People/Warner Bros. Colin Larkin The Encyclopedia of Popular Music 2011- 0857125958 . 78 ", with Lalo Guerrero Papa's Dream (Warners 1995)
Listen to music from Los Lobos with Lalo Guerrero like La Bamba, Wooly Bully & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Los Lobos with Lalo Guerrero.
Los Lobos have been the most successful Chicano rock band of all time. They’ve managed to achieve a level of success and maintain it continuously since their major label debut in 1983. I got to know Cesar in 1995 when I sang back up on a track of their Grammy nominated children’s album, Papa’s Dream. My father, Lalo Guerrero, narrated the record, wrote lyrics to a couple of songs and sang lead on a few tracks. The album was billed Los Lobos with Lalo Guerrero. Later that year, Cesar and I backed up rock & roll hall of famer Eric Burdon at Fantasy Springs Casino in Indio, California.
Lalo Guerrero y sus Cinco Lobos – Los Chucos Suaves, 03:06. lalo guerrero y sus cinco lobos marihuana boogie. lalo guerrero y sus cinco lobos muy sabroso blues. Lalo Guerrero y sus Cinco Lobos Los Chucos Suaves.
Los Lobos, Lalo Guerrero. Download now. English.
If Los Lobos has learned one thing in nearly four decades together, it’s th. .On April 25th students from White Elementary School in Tucson, Arizona opened for Los Lobos! They were also joined by the band for a few songs.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By – Ritchie ValensJarana, Other [Mosquito, Zapateado] – Gilberto GutierrezLyrics By [Additional] – E. Rodriguez*, G. Gutierrez*
Backing Vocals – Eugene RodriguezWritten-By – Domingo Samudio
|5||Buzz, Buzz, Buzz
Written-By – John G. Dolphin*, Robert Byrd
Lyrics By [Additional] – Lalo GuerreroWritten-By – B. Garlow*, Leon Rene
|9||Corrido For Papa Lalo
Arranged By – Eugene RodriguezLyrics By – Phillip Rodriguez
Lead Vocals – Lalo GuerreroLyrics By [Additional] – E. Rodriguez*, G. Gutierrez*, Lalo Guerrero
|16||La Mañanita Alegre
Lyrics By [Additional] – E. Rodriguez*, G. Gutierrez*
Arranged By – E. Rodriguez*, G. Gutierrez*Lyrics By [English] – E. Rodriguez*
Lead Vocals – Lalo GuerreroLyrics By [Additional] – Lalo Guerrero
|22||La Mañanitas Tapatias
Backing Vocals – Herman ObregonLyrics By [English] – Lalo Guerrero
Lyrics By [Additional] – E. Rodriguez*
|26||La, La, La
Chorus – Anne DanzerWritten-By – Clarence Paul
Backing Vocals – Eugene RodriguezLyrics By [Additional] – E. Rodriguez*, G. Gutierrez*
|30||Wooly Bully Banda (Reprise)
Written-By – Domingo Samudio
- Recorded At – Komotion International
- Copyright (c) – Music For Little People
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Music For Little People
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Manufactured By – WEA Manufacturing
- Recorded At – Banquet Sound Studios
- Recorded At – CRG Studios
- Mastered At – Banquet Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Banquet Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Clear Lake Audio
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Art Direction, Design – Sandy Bassett
- Bass, Guitarrón – Conrad Lozano
- Chorus – Los Cenzontles Children's Coro
- Conductor [Coro] – Eugene Rodriguez
- Coordinator [Narration] – Tanya Mayo
- Drums, Jarana – Louie Perez
- Engineer – Cesar Rosas, David Wells
- Engineer [At Komotion] – Phred Cirillo*
- Guitar, Vocals, Accordion, Violin, Drums, Other [Hidalgarron], Guitarrón, Requinto Guitar – David Hidalgo
- Illustration – Rafael Lopez
- Mastered By – Chip Dunbar, Warren Dennis*
- Mixed By – Cesar Rosas, Michael Prince
- Mixed By [Additional] – Warren Dennis*
- Narrator – Herman Obregon
- Narrator [Children] – Fauna Dillon-Ostrow, Iona Dillon-Ostrow, Johanna Perez, Kai Ostrow, Nancy Esteva, Walter Emilio Perez
- Narrator [Violeta] – Victoria Fernandez-McRorie
- Narrator, Vocals – Lalo Guerrero
- Percussion – Victor Bisetti
- Producer – Eugene Rodriguez, Leib Ostrow, Los Lobos
- Saxophone, Keyboards – Steve Berlin
- Vocals, Guitar, Vihuela [Jarana] – Cesar Rosas
- Written-By [Story] – Al Carlos Hernandez, Phillip Rodriguez
NotesRecorded at CRG, Rowland Heights, CA
Mixed at Clearlake Digital, Burbank, CA
Additional recording, mix and mastering at Banquet Sound Studio, Santa Rosa, CA
Los Cenzontles Children's Coro recorded at Komotion, San Francisco, CA
Even numbered tracks from 1 to 14 and odd numbered tracks from 15 to 31 are narration only.
©℗ 1995 Music For Little People
Distributed by Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Manufactured by WEA Mfg. Made in the USA
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 9362-42562-2 9
- Matrix / Runout: [SRC logo] 1 42562-2 SRC##01
- Other (Mother stamper): M1S2
|9 42562-4||Los Lobos With Lalo Guerrero||Los Lobos With Lalo Guerrero - Papa's Dream (Cass, Album)||Music For Little People||9 42562-4||US||1995|
|9 42562-2, MFLP 42562||Los Lobos With Lalo Guerrero||Los Lobos With Lalo Guerrero - Papa's Dream (CD, Album)||Music For Little People, CRS, Music For Little People, CRS||9 42562-2, MFLP 42562||Europe||1995|