Producer – Adam Ant, Marco Pirroni. Tape Op – Gavin Mackillop, George Chambers. Technician – Stuart Monks. Written-By – Adam Ant (tracks: A1 to A5, B1 to B6), Marco Pirroni (tracks: A1 to A5, B1 to B6). Notes. Recorded at Townhouse Studios London June 1982.
Persuasion was the planned fifth studio solo album by Adam Ant, planned for 1992-3 but never released. The album has however surfaced as bootlegs, and nowadays circulates on file sharing networks. This album is one of the 20 written about in The Greatest Music Never Sold by Dan Leroy, a book that revealed information on the lost recordings of many famous musicians.
The album Friend or Foe, was released in October 1982 and reached No. 5 on the UK Albums Chart and No. 16 on the US Billboard Album Chart, becoming Adam Ant's most successful solo album, and was certified Gold by the BPI for sales in excess of 100,000 copies. In addition to "Goody Two-Shoes" & "Friend or Foe", the album. included another hit single: and "Desperate But Not Serious" (UK No. 33, US No. 66). A remastered version of the album was released in 2005, featuring twelve additional tracks. Goody Two Shoes (Chris Hughes Single Mix)". 14. "Coup d'Etat (Original Album Outtake)". 15. "Goody Two Shoes (Demo Version)".
Friend or Foe is an amazingly fun album. It’s light, poppy, bright, and just full of unique arrangements in a pure Adam Ant sound. Give it a listen if you like 1980s new wave, a new and fun way of arranging music, or just have the song Goody Two-Shoes stuck in your head from the article.
Band Name Adam Ant. Album Name Friend or Foe. Type Album. Released date October 1982. Labels Columbia Records CBS Records. 11. Try This for Sighs. 12. Man Called Marco. Album Remastered in 2005. 1. Friend or Foe. 2. Something Girls. 3. Place in the Country.
Friend Or Foe. Adam Ant. January 1, 1982. Exclusive Prime pricing. "Please retry". sometimes you just want to hear the sounds of your youth ) so just some happy, quirky music to get me moving.
Adam Ant. Album Friend or Foe. Friend or Foe Lyrics. I want those who get to know me To become admirers or my enemies I want those who get to know me To become admirers or my enemies I want those who get to know me To become admirers or my enemies I want those who get to know me To become admirers or my enemies. Take it up or leave it I'm not gonna change a bit If it means heartache Then leave it out for your sake I tried and I tri-tried To take care of my insides Nobody's perfect so leave me if you object.
Продавец: Интернет-магазин Ozon. Адрес: Россия, Москва, Пресненская набережная, 10. ОГРН: 1027739244741
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Friend Or Foe||3:23|
|3||Place In The Country||2:50|
|4||Desperate But Not Serious||4:15|
|5||Here Comes The Grump||3:37|
|6||Hello I Love You
Written-By – The Doors
|7||Goody Two Shoes||3:29|
|8||Crackpot History And The Right To Lie||2:45|
|9||Made Of Money||3:31|
|11||Try This For Sighs||3:04|
|12||Man Called Marco||3:30|
|Chris Hughes Single Mix|
|13||Goody Two Shoes (Chris Hughes Single Mix)
Producer, Mixed By – Chris Hughes
|Original Album Outtake|
|Previously Unreleased Demo Recordings|
|15||Goody Two Shoes||3:12|
|16||Here Comes The Grump||2:27|
|18||Made Of Money
Drums – Adam Ant
|19||Place In The Country
Drums – Adam Ant
|20||And So You Shall||3:40|
|22||I Know They Know||3:50|
|23||Gargoyles Are Go||2:23|
|Previously Unreleased Track|
|24||Good Sex Rumples The Clothing||3:01|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Published By – BMG Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Recorded At – The Town House
- Remastered At – Alchemy Soho
- Art Direction, Design [Reissue] – Mark Alleyne
- Bass, Percussion, Arranged By [Brass] – Adam Ant, Marco Pirroni
- Compiled By [Additional Tracks] – Andrew Vaughan (tracks: 13 to 24), Marco Pirroni (tracks: 13 to 24)
- Design [Graphic Design] – Jules*
- Drums – Bogdan Wiczling (tracks: 1 to 17, 20 to 24)
- Engineer – Allan Douglas*
- Mastered By [Digitally Remastered] – Ray Staff
- Other [Guitars, Equipment] – Stuart Monks
- Other [Project Manager] – Luke Southern
- Other [Project Researcher] – Andrew Vaughan
- Percussion [Sticks] – Adam Ant, Bogdan Wiczling
- Photography By [Cover, Reissue] – Allan Ballard
- Producer – Adam Ant (tracks: 1 to 12, 14 to 24), Marco Pirroni (tracks: 1 to 12, 14 to 24)
- Producer [Project], Guitar, Castanets – Marco Pirroni
- Saxophone – Jeff Daly
- Technician [Tape Operator] – Gavin Mackillop, George Chambers
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Martin Drover
- Vocals [Additional] – Jude Kelly, Sam Brown, Sonia Jones, Vicki Brown
- Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Rhythm], Marimba, Violin [Attempted], Triangle, Artwork By [Cover Design] – Adam Ant
- Written-By – Ant* (tracks: 1 to 5, 7 to 24), Marco* (tracks: 1 to 5, 7 to 24)
NotesComes in a trifold cardboard sleeve with a color booklet. Also available in a jewel case.
Recorded at Townhouse Studios, London, June 1982.
Digitally remastered at Alchemy Soho.
All tracks published by BMG Music Publishing Limited except track 6 published by Rondor Music [London] Limited.
© ℗ 2005 Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Limited
Tracks 1 to 12: Original October 1982 Album Release.
Track 14: Original Album Outtake.
Tracks 15 to 23: Previously Unreleased Demo Recordings.
Track 24: Previously Unreleased Track.
Tracks 18 and 19: Adam on drums.
Printed on front cover sticker :
FRIEND OR FOE
from the original master tapes.
DESPERATE BUT NOT SERIOUS
Single mixes, demos and
rare album session tracks
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 5099751963721
- Barcode (Printed): 5 099751 963721
- Matrix / Runout: S5196372000-0101 11 A1
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L551
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94K4
|CBS 25040||Adam Ant||Friend Or Foe (LP, Album)||CBS||CBS 25040||UK||1982|
|FET 38370||Adam Ant||Friend Or Foe (Cass, Album, Dol)||Epic||FET 38370||US||1982|
|484436 2||Adam Ant||Friend Or Foe (CD, Album, RE)||Columbia, Rewind||484436 2||UK||1996|
|25·3P-398||Adam Ant||Friend Or Foe (LP, Album)||Epic||25·3P-398||Japan||1982|
|CSP 982344 4||Adam Ant||Friend Or Foe (Cass, Album, RE)||CBS||CSP 982344 4||Spain||1990|