Gregory Anthony Isaacs OD (15 July 1951 – 25 October 2010) was a Jamaican reggae musician. Milo Miles, writing in The New York Times, described Isaacs as "the most exquisite vocalist in reggae". In his teenage years, Isaacs became a veteran of the talent contests that regularly took place in Jamaica
CD - Rounder Select, New Rounder 210). Produced by Mafia and Fluxy, this is a smooth and warm outing from Gregory Isaacs, heard in good voice here, though some moments seem just a bit too laid back in the vocal department. Mafia and Fluxy provide good solid riddims, though once in a while they tend to hit a little too hard ("Mi No Want" falls prey to repetition and lack of dynamic shift, for example.
58 9 Gregory Isaacs - Ticktock 3:25 10 Gregory Isaacs - Girl Of My Dreams 3:51 11 Gregory Isaacs - Slave Master 4:40 12 Gregory Isaacs - Blessed Are The Poor 4:30 13 Gregory Isaacs - Freedom Song 4:06 14 Gregory Isaacs - 9 To 5 3:39 15 Gregory Isaacs - Feeling Sad Tonight (Sad Dub) 6:36 16 Gregory Isaacs - Hold Tight Dub. 4:01. RJMCD113 Enjoy This Wikkid Release. . Это сообщение отредактировал Svon - 2. 2.
Gregory Isaacs - Unforgettable 03:23. Gregory Isaacs - Addicted to You 04:38. Gregory Isaacs - Mistake 03:47. Gregory Isaacs - Don't Say No 03:59. Gregory Isaacs - Hold Tight 03:54. Gregory Isaacs - Lonely Days 02:48. Gregory Isaacs - If You See My Mary 03:21.
Sinner Man. Gregory Isaacs. Gregory Isaacs Pure Lovers Rock. Sly & Robbie Present: Gregory Isaacs in Dub. Gregory Isaacs, Sly & Robbie. Reggae Legends: Gregory Isaacs. Gregory Isaacs: The Love Box. 10 From Cool Ruler Gregory Isaacs. Night Nurse - Live in Kingston (The Ultimate Reggae Masterclass Series).
Hold Tight (1997) Heartbeat. Hardcore Hits (1997) Ikus. Dance Curfew (with Dread Flimstone) (1997) Acid Jazz. Gregory Anthony Isaacs, born in Kingston JA on the 15th July 1950 and the first son of Lester Isaacs and Enid Murrary, started out as an electrician and cabinet maker, but a career in music remained his ambition. Inspired by singers such as Sam Cooke, Percy Sledge, Delroy Wilson, John Holt, Alton Ellis and Ken Boothe, he began his recording career in the late 1960s with his first tune Another Heartache, releasing it as a co-production with singer/producer Winston Sinclair around 1969. As such, it offered confirmation of Gregory Isaacs’ maturity. The album was issued just before the period of his greatest successes, but in it he shows that he had fully developed the dual persona he would project in his music over the next few years.
Album · 2006 · 60 Songs. The Very Best of Gregory Isaacs Gold. Sly & Robbie Present Gregory Isaacs. 50 Greatest Reggae Tracks.
|1||Miss Cutie Cutie||3:40|
|4||Mi No Want||3:36|
|5||Tan So Back||3:30|
|6||Thank You Mr. Judge||3:19|
|7||Kill Them With Music||3:32|
|8||Lady On The Frontline||3:20|
|9||Come Make Love To Me||3:24|
|13||I Miss You||3:44|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Poli-Rhythm, Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Poli-Rhythm, Ltd.
- Recorded At – Easy Street Studios
- Recorded At – Penthouse Studios
- Recorded At – A-Class Studio
- Recorded At – Black Scorpio Studios
- Mixed At – A-Class Studio
- Mixed At – Black Scorpio Studios
- Backing Vocals – Sylvia Tella
- Design – Jean-Pierre LeGuillou
- Engineer – Culture Lee (tracks: 2, 8 to 11, 13), Eddie Williams (tracks: 1, 3, 12), Gussie P. (tracks: 4 to 7, 10 to 13)
- Horns – Henry "Buttons" Tenyue*, Winston "Saxton" Rose*
- Photography By – Jan Salzman
- Producer, Performer, Backing Vocals – Mafia And Fluxy*
- Written-By – Dave Heywood*, Gregory Isaacs, Leroy Heywood*
NotesIncludes 6-page foldout of credits.
Barcode sticker applied to shrink wrap, covering old Barcode printed on back cover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Shrink wrap): 6 39277 70272 2
- Barcode (Back cover): 0 11661-7710-2 4
- Matrix / Runout: 153033-2XD1-7097-A ∗HBCD210∗
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L791
- Label Code: LC 5000