Lester Bowie (October 11, 1941 – November 8, 1999) was an American jazz trumpet player and composer. He was a member of the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians and co-founded the Art Ensemble of Chicago. Born in the historic village of Bartonsville in Frederick County, Maryland, Bowie grew up in St Louis, Missouri. At the age of five he started studying the trumpet with his father, a professional musician
Written-By – Lester Bowie. Everything Must Change. Written-By – Bernard Ighner. Written-By – Lester Bowie. 1-5. Let The Good Times Roll. All The Magic! (2xLP, Album). ECM 1246/47, 810 625-2.
Trumpeter Lester Bowie and a quintet also including Ari Brown on tenor and soprano, pianist Art Matthews, bassist Fred Williams, and drummer Phillip Wilson, are often used to accompany the soulful and gospel-oriented vocals of Fontella Bass and David Peaston (in addition to taking colorful solos). The 12-minute "For Louie" and a suite that is dominated by an emotional version of "Everything Must Change" are highlights; also memorable is a brief version of Albert Ayler's "Ghosts. The second album is quite a bit different, a set of unaccompanied trumpet solos.
All the Magic! Lester Bowie. This album has an average beat per minute of 110 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 88/140 BPM). Tracklist All the Magic!
All The Magic!, The One And Only. These two CDs offer the trumpeter in very different settings. The first disc presents Bowie with a band to invoke the breadth of Black musical traditions, from the trumpeter's long "Trans Traditional Suite" to exultant versions of "Let the Good Times Roll" and Albert Ayler's "Ghosts," the last with a calypso beat. For Louie" is a loving invocation of Louis Armstrong, with Bowie's brash and vocal trumpet the perfect instrument for the homage, an assertive declaration of his solidarity with a great tradition, as well as his independence
All the Magic! (1983). Album by Lester Bowie. is a cover of. Let the Good Times Roll by Shirley and Lee (1956).
LESTER BOWIE is a eclectic fusion avant-garde jazz music artist. Lester bowie - all the magic! - 1983 germany release - 2 vinyl, lp, album.
Lester Bowie скачать в mp3 на телефон(Android, Iphone) или слушайте песню Lester Bowie - Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Lester Bowie - Rios Negroes, Lester Bowie - Notorious Thugs, Lester Bowie - Rios Negroes. по названию по исполнителю. William Parker, Phillip Wilson – Philadelphia. Lester Bowie – Let The Good Times Roll. Lester Bowie – If You Don't Know Me By Now. 6:38. Art Matthews, Ari Brown – I'm so Grateful. Lester Bowie's Brass Fantasy – Remember the Time. Lester Bowie – Monkey Waltz.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|All The Magic!|
Music By – Phillip WilsonWords By – Fontella Bass
Written-By – Lester Bowie
Written-By – Albert Ayler
|Trans Traditional Suite||(15:52)|
|B1.1||All The Magic
Written-By – Lester Bowie
|B1.2||Everything Must Change
Written-By – Bernard Ighner
|B1.3||T. Jam Blues
Written-By – Lester Bowie
|B4||Let The Good Times Roll
Written-By – Lee Leonard*
|The One And Only|
|D3||Miles Davis Meets Donald Duck||1:38|
|D4||Deb Deb's Face||2:05|
|D7||Organic Echo (Part II)||5:31|
- Pressed By – Wakefield Manufacturing – 41351
- Pressed By – Wakefield Manufacturing – 41352
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ECM Records GmbH
- Copyright (c) – ECM Records GmbH
- Recorded By – Tonstudio Bauer
- Bass – Fred Williams (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B4)
- Design [Cover] – Barbara Wojirsch
- Drums – Phillip Wilson (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B4)
- Engineer – Martin Wieland
- Liner Notes – Peter Kemper
- Mastered By – RS*
- Other [Other Sounds] – Lester Bowie (tracks: C1 to C5, D1 to D7)
- Piano – Art Matthews (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B4)
- Producer – Manfred Eicher
- Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Ari Brown (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B4)
- Trumpet – Lester Bowie
- Vocals – David Peaston (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B4), Fontella Bass (tracks: A1 to A3, B1 to B4)
- Written-By – Lester Bowie (tracks: C1 to D7)
NotesDigital recordings, June 1982 at Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg, Germany.
Printed in U.S.A.
Actual barcode scan is 075992378918, but the number printed underneath leaves the 8 out.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1 A-side runout): 1-23789-A4 MO#2 [W/M] 41351 #2 RS
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1 B-side runout): 1-23789-B5 [W/M] 41351 MO#2 RS #2
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2 C-side runout): 1-23789-C3 [W/M] 41352 # RS
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2 D-side runout): 1-23789-D6 [W/M] 41352 MO#3 RS #1
- Barcode: 075992378918
|ECM 1246/47, 810 625-1||Lester Bowie||All The Magic! (2xLP, Album, Gat)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1246/47, 810 625-1||Germany||1983|
|PAP-20513~14, PAP-20513/14||Lester Bowie||All The Magic! (2xLP, Album, Promo)||ECM Records, ECM Records||PAP-20513~14, PAP-20513/14||Japan||1983|
|ECM 1246/47, 810 625-2||Lester Bowie||All The Magic! (2xCD, Album, RE)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1246/47, 810 625-2||US||Unknown|
|38MJ 3324||Lester Bowie||All The Magic! (2xLP, Album)||ECM Records||38MJ 3324||Japan||1983|
|ECM 1246/47, 810 625-2||Lester Bowie||All The Magic! (2xCD, Album, RE)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1246/47, 810 625-2||Germany||Unknown|