Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero download mp3 album
Nine Inch Nails' 2007 release Year Zero will undoubtedly go down in rock history for the way the recording was marketed before its release. It may mark the first time that the advance strategy - conceived of and executed, for the most part, by NIN auteur Trent Reznor himself with 42 Entertainment - became part and parcel of the edifice that is the album's concept: an alternate reality game and a possible film project that lasts three years in total make up the rest. There were several thumb drives placed strategically in bathrooms of NIN concerts around the world that contained entire tracks from the album.
Year Zero is an alternate reality game (ARG) by American studio 42 Entertainment based on the Nine Inch Nails concept album of the same name, its expected follow-up, and a possible accompanying film or television project. Although the album was released on April 16, 2007 in Europe, and the following day worldwide, the game had been underway since roughly February 12, 2007 and was expected to continue for approximately eighteen months.
The following is a campaign timeline of the Year Zero alternate reality game. The Year Zero alternate reality game, and its accompanying concept album of the same name, criticizes the United States government's policies as of 2007, projecting a dystopian vision of its impact on the state of events in 2022. The game began in mid-February 2007 and seems to have wrapped up in April shortly after the album came out.
Nine Inch Nails' sixth studio release, Year Zero takes the concept album further than it may have ever gone before. Each clue is part of a cohesive whole, requiring a listener to follow an exhaustive web trail to grasp the entire tale.
While Year Zero gets bogged down in stock themes, 2-D imagery, and the occasional too-long come-down, its cult-ready appeal is pure. The fan-artist communion reaches a peak on the post-doomsday finale, "Zero-Sum", a welcome addition to the lofty tradition of NIN album-closing ballads. And I guess I just wanted to tell you," says Reznor in a conspiratorial whisper, "As the light starts to fade/ That you are the reason/ That I am not afraid.
Nine Inch Nails – The Good Soldier (2007, H24 Year Zero). Nine Inch Nails – 04. The Good Soldier (Year Zero). Nine Inch Nails – Year Zero 2007 Meet Your Master. Nine Inch Nails (Year Zero) – 10 God Given. Nine Inch Nails – In This Twilight (2007, H24 Year Zero). Nine Inch Nails – Survivalism (2007, H24 Year Zero). Nine Inch Nails – Year Zero 2007 God Given. Nine Inch Nails – Zero-Sum (2007).
Nine Inch Nails has also contributed to numerous film soundtracks as well as the soundtrack to the video game Quake. Initial ambitions for Nine Inch Nails in 1988 were to release one 12-inch single on a small European label.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Drums – Josh FreeseEngineer [Assistant - Capitol Studios] – Steve Genewick
|2||The Beginning Of The End||2:47|
Backing Vocals – Saul Williams
|4||The Good Soldier||3:23|
|6||Me, I'm Not
Backing Vocals – Saul Williams
Arranged By [Brass / Winds Musical Arrangement] – Jeff "Double G" Gallegos*Baritone Saxophone – Geoff "Double G" Gallegos*Drums – Josh FreeseEngineer [Assistant - Capitol Studios] – Steve GenewickTenor Saxophone – Matt DemerittTrombone – Elizabeth LeaTrumpet – William Artope*
|8||My Violent Heart||4:14|
|11||Meet Your Master||4:09|
|12||The Greater Good||4:52|
|13||The Great Destroyer||3:17|
|14||Another Version Of The Truth||4:09|
|15||In This Twilight||3:34|
- Mixed At – Chalice Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Capitol Studios
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Published By – Leaving Hope Music
- Published By – TVT Music, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Interscope Records
- Copyright (c) – Interscope Records
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 51871154
- Art Direction – Rob Sheridan , Trent Reznor
- Artwork [" The Hand Of Faith", " The Hand Of Desperation"] – Rob Sheridan
- Artwork [" The Presence", " The Great Divide", " The Scorched Earth" By Hydralix Artist:] – Matthew Santoro
- Coordinator [Coordination] – Brett Bachemin
- Engineer – Alan Mason, Alan Moulder, Atticus Ross, Brett Bachemin, Doug Trantow, Trent Reznor
- Management – Rebel Waltz, Inc.*
- Management [Assistance] – Shaynee Lee Gordy
- Management [Booking] – William Morris Agency
- Management [Business Management] – Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
- Management [Legal] – David Altschul, Zia Modabber
- Management [Sounding Board] – Marc Geiger
- Mastered By – Brian Gardner
- Mixed By – Alan Moulder
- Other [Hair And Makeup] – Cori Bardo
- Other [Stylist] – Amy Hall
- Other [World Building] – Rob Sheridan, Trent Reznor
- Other [World Integration And Enhancement] – 42, Alex Lieu, Elan Lee, Johnny Rodriguez, Jordan Weisman, Sean Stewart, Susan Bonds
- Producer – Atticus Ross, Trent Reznor
- Written-By, Performer – Trent Reznor
NotesEU version, sealed incorrectly with back panel over front cover. All other details are exactly the same.
Recorded all over the world
Mixed at Chalice Studios, Los Angeles, CA
"Hyperpower!" drums and "Capital G" drums/brass/winds recorded at Capitol Studios in Hollywood, CA
Mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA
© 2007 Leaving Hope Music/TVT Music, Inc. (ASCAP)
Administered by Leaving Hope Music, Inc.
℗ © 2007 Interscope Records. (...) a division of UMG Recordings Inc. (...) Made in the EU
Consuming or spreading this material may be deemed subversive by the United States Bureau of Morality. If you or someone you know has engaged in subversive acts or thoughts, call:
Be a patriot - Be an informer!
Deluxe Digipak including 24-Page Booklet and CD with heat-sensitive label.
Unlike the original release schedule, the announced Standard Version was cancelled ~4 weeks before the release date and this Digipak Version was released instead.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 02517 32423 7
- Matrix / Runout: 06025 173 242-3 01 * 51871154
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code (Variation 1): IFPI 0121
- Mould SID Code (Variation 2): IFPI 0133
- Other (Mould Ring): Made in Germany by EDC C
- Label Code: LC06406
- Rights Society: SABAM / BIEM
- Other (Official NIN Catalog Number): halo 24
|B0008764-02||Nine Inch Nails||Year Zero (CD, Album, Dig)||Interscope Records||B0008764-02||US||2007|
|0602517324237||Nine Inch Nails||Year Zero (CD, Album, Dig)||Interscope Records||0602517324237||Europe||2007|
|0602517324237||Nine Inch Nails||Year Zero (CD, Album, RE, Dig)||Interscope Records||0602517324237||Europe||Unknown|
|0602517324237||Nine Inch Nails||Year Zero (CD, Album, Dig)||Interscope Records||0602517324237||Taiwan||2007|
|B0008764-02||Nine Inch Nails||Year Zero (CD, Album, RE, Dig)||Interscope Records||B0008764-02||US||Unknown|