Complete your Aloe Blacc collection. Good Things & Instrumentals (2xLP, Album + LP, Ltd). Stones Throw Records, Stones Throw Records. Good Things (2xLP, Album).
Album Stones Throw STH2245. Also see: Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar 12-inch Aloe Blacc - You Make Me Smile 12-inch Aloe Blacc - Femme Fatale 7-inch I Need A Dollar Video. Store info: Payment & shipping. Artist page: Aloe Blacc. Digital MP3 Downloads: 320 kbps, non-DRM, playable in any mp3 player.
Aloe Blacc, born to Panamanian immigrants, was raised in California's Orange County. He absorbed styles such as cumbia, merengue, and salsa in his household, and eventually hip-hop in his environment. While in elementary school, he began playing trumpet and started writing rhymes. Raised on salsa, merengue, and cumbia, Blacc fell in love with hip-hop as a kid and started writing rap songs when he was nine. With his lyrics drawing influence from socially conscious artists like KRS-One, he put out his first hip-hop mixtape at age 17. Later developing a fierce admiration for such soul musicians as Donny Hathaway and Marvin Gaye, he also discovered an affinity for folk-rock singer/songwriters during his college years.
Aloe Blacc's recently taken this classic-soul path after years of laboring under an intriguing indie-rap jack-of-all genres approach. And while he clearly studied the vintage R&B greats before creating Good Things, he's content just building a reasonably convincing backlot replica of classic soul rather than putting a new twist on it. Blacc doesn't display the sweet vocal flair of a Raphael Saadiq à la The Way I See It, or the modernized post-hip-hop touch of Ne-Yo in "Back Like That" mode. Complicating things is the fact that Aloe Blacc's last album, 2006's Shine Through, was an inspired and often-innovative shot at pushing hip hop-inflected R&B forward; there were a few baffling moments, but he was defiantly ambitious enough to do some pretty out-there things to minimalist disco, Tropicália, and Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come".
On Good Things, Aloe Blacc styles himself as a 21st-century guardian of a bygone era, using his smoky voice on stylish soul and funk numbers that shimmer with vintage charm. Songs like I Need a Dollar, with its rich horns and peppy percussion, and Hey Brother, which is fueled by nasty wah-wah guitars, sound like lost cuts from the Stax vaults. He even puts his own stamp on The Velvet Underground’s Femme Fatale by reimagining it as a warm R&B number. Good Things Aloe Blacc.
Aloe Blacc - Good Things. Aloe Blacc - You Make Me Smile. Aloe Blacc - If I. Download. Aloe Blacc - Mama Hold My Hand. Please support the artist and purchase the single/album directly from Bandcamp. com and adhere to our Terms of Service.
Good Things is the second studio album by American hip hop rapper Aloe Blacc, the album was released on September 28, 2010 in the . and 26 November 2010 in the UK by Stones Throw Records. The first single from the album, "I Need a Dollar" (produced by Truth+Soul and SR. Shakur), was released on March 16, 2010. It peaked in the UK and Ireland. Good Things also features the first cover song on any of the group's albums, Livin' on a Prayer, originally performed by Bon Jovi.
|A1||I Need A Dollar|
|B1||Life So Hard|
|B2||Take Me Back|
|C1||Loving You Is Killing Me|
|C3||You Make Me Smile|
|D2||Mama Hold My Hand|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Stones Throw Records
- Copyright (c) – Stones Throw Records
- Mastered At – Timeless Mastering
- Recorded At – Soul Fire Studios
- Pressed By – Optimal Media Production – BA17006
- Lacquer Cut At – Optimal Media Production
- A&R, Coordinator, Executive Producer – Egon
- Acoustic Guitar – Garrett DeVoe*
- Bass – Quincy Bright
- Cello – Garo Yellin
- Drums – Homer Steinweiss
- Drums, Bass, Guitar – Nick Movshon
- Executive-Producer – Peanut Butter Wolf
- Guitar – Luke Riverside, Tommy Brenneck*
- Lacquer Cut By – MK
- Mastered By – Adrian Morgan
- Mixed By [Additional Mixing] – Clay Holley
- Other [Tailorering], Other [Styling] – Sam Hart
- Photography By – Dan Monick
- Piano, Vibraphone – Toby Pazner*
- Producer, Arranged By [String And Horn], Keyboards, Guitar, Saxophone – Leon Michels
- Producer, Engineer, Mixed By, Drums – Jeff Dynamite
- Trombone – Aaron Johnson
- Trumpet, Mellophone – Michael Leonhart
- Violin – Entcho Todorov
- Vocals, Art Direction – Aloe Blacc
NotesMade in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 602527 545448
- Barcode (String): 0602527545448
- Label Code: LC 14513
- ASIN: B0044S103U
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): BA17006-02 A1 MK
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): BA17006-02 B1 MK
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): BA17006-02 C1 MK
- Matrix / Runout (Side D): BA17006-02 D1 MK
|STH2245||Aloe Blacc||Good Things (2xLP, Album)||Stones Throw Records||STH2245||US||2010|
|88697831352||Aloe Blacc||Good Things (CD, Album)||Stones Throw Records, Epic, Sony Music||88697831352||Europe||2010|
|88697831352||Aloe Blacc||Good Things (CD, Album)||Stones Throw Records, Epic, Sony Music||88697831352||UK||2010|
|My Music 454||Aloe Blacc||Good Things (CD, Album, RE, Sup)||My Music||My Music 454||Poland||2014|
|STH2245||Aloe Blacc||Good Things (CDr, Album, Promo, Pla)||Stones Throw Records||STH2245||US||2010|