The Real Thing" is a song recorded by British singer Lisa Stansfield for her 1997 eponymous album. It was released as the first proper single from Lisa Stansfield in Europe, Australia and Japan on 10 March 1997, after "People Hold On" (The Bootleg Mixes).
Lisa Stansfield is the fourth album by British singer Lisa Stansfield, released by Arista Records on 21 March 1997. It was her first new studio album since 1993's So Natural. Stansfield co-wrote most songs for the album with her husband Ian Devaney. The tracks were produced by Devaney and Peter Mokran.
Lisa Stansfield In 1997, Lisa returned to the top of the charts with her self-titled fourth album. Face Up Lisa's final album for Arista, 2001's Face Up was both forward-thinking and as timeless as ever, exploring contemporary beats with the garage hit Let's Just Call It Love and mining more classic grooves such as the latter-day Northern Soul favourite 8-3-1.
The Real Thing (Touch Extended Mix). Co-producer – Peter Mokran. Engineer – Aidan McGovern. Mixed By – Ian Devaney, Peter Mokran. Producer – Ian Devaney. The Real Thing (CD, Maxi). Arista, BMG Australia Limited.
Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World Lisa Stansfield - Affection (1989). Can't Dance Lisa Stansfield (Лиза Стэнсфилд). Lisa Stansfield - Never, Never Gonna Give You Up Lisa Stansfield - Lisa Stansfield (1997). Lisa Stansfield - The Very Thought Of You Lisa Stansfield - Lisa Stansfield (1997). Lisa Stansfield - Suzanne Lisa Stansfield - Lisa Stansfield (1997).
Album · 1997 · 16 Songs. Lisa Stansfield Lisa Stansfield. Listen on Apple Music.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Real Thing (Radio Edit)||4:03|
|2||The Real Thing (Touch Mix)||5:39|
|3||The Real Thing (Dirty Rotten Scoundrel's Vocal Mix)
Remix – Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
|4||People Hold On (Jon Is The Don Mix)
Remix – Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BMG Eurodisc Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – BMG Eurodisc Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Disctronics S
- Mixed At – Crosstrax Studios
- Distributed By – BMG
- Bass [Live] – Paul Caird (tracks: 4)
- Co-producer, Mixed By – Peter Mokran (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Engineer – Aidan McGovern (tracks: 1, 2), Dug Wolfsohn (tracks: 3)
- Percussion [Additional] – Steve Whyton Smith* (tracks: 4)
- Producer [Additional] – Dan Bewick* (tracks: 4), Matt Frost* (tracks: 4)
- Producer, Mixed By – Ian Devaney (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Written-By – I. Devaney* (tracks: 1 to 3), More* (tracks: 4), L. Stansfield* (tracks: 1 to 3), Stansfield* (tracks: 4), Black* (tracks: 4)
NotesTracks 1, 2 & 3 ℗ 1996. Track 4 ℗ 1997. The copyright in these sound recording is owned by BMG Eurodisc Ltd.
All sleeve notes and label copy © BMG Eurodisc Ltd 1997.
Printed in the EC.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Directly Scanned): 743214632123
- Barcode (Text): 7 43214 63212 3
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L502
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 8780
- Matrix / Runout: DISCTRONICS S 743214-63212 01
- Other (Distribution Code France): F: BM 620
- Label Code: LC 3484
|74321 46321 2||Lisa Stansfield||The Real Thing (CD, Maxi)||Arista||74321 46321 2||Europe||1997|
|BVCA 8842||Lisa Stansfield||The Real Thing (CD, Maxi)||Arista, BMG||BVCA 8842||Japan||1997|
|REAL 02||Lisa Stansfield||The Real Thing (12")||BMG UK & Ireland||REAL 02||UK||1997|
|74321463211||Lisa Stansfield||The Real Thing (12", Maxi)||Arista||74321463211||UK||1997|
|74321463212||Lisa Stansfield||The Real Thing (CD, Maxi)||Arista, BMG Australia Limited||74321463212||Australia||1997|