Michael Gibbs With The Gary Burton Quartet : Festival 69 is a fusion music live album recording by MIKE GIBBS released in 2018 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. CD1: Gary Burton: vibraphone; Dave Pritchard: guitar; Steve Swallow: bass guitar; Bill Goodwin: drums. CD 2: As CD 1 but add: Kenny Wheeler, Trevor Barber: trumpet; Tony Roberts; Alan Skidmore; Ray Warleigh: saxophones; Mike Gibbs, Chris Pyne: trombone; Chris Spedding: guitar. Michael Gibbs With The Gary Burton Quartet : Festival 69 Contents.
Festival 69 by Roger Farbey. Festival 69. Turtle Records 2018. Tell us why you would like to improve the Michael Gibbs With The Gary Burton Quartet musician page.
item 6 Michael Gibbs-Festival 69 CD NEW -Michael Gibbs-Festival 69 CD NEW. £1. 4. item 7 FESTIVAL 69, 5013929580305 -FESTIVAL 69, 5013929580305. Product Key Features. Big Band/Swing, Quartet.
He studied with Herb Pomeroy and soon befriended composer and arranger Michael Gibbs. After establishing his career during the 1960s, he returned to join the staff of Berklee from 1971–2004, serving first as professor, then dean, and executive vice president during his last decade at the college . From 2004 to 2008 Burton hosted a weekly jazz radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio. In 2011, he released his first album for Mack Avenue Records, entitled Common Ground featuring the New Gary Burton Quartet (with Julian Lage, Scott Colley, and Antonio Sanchez). In 2013, the group released "Guided Tour," their 2nd recording for Mack Avenue Records. Burton's autobiography, Learning to Listen, was published by Berklee Press in August 2013, and was voted "Jazz Book of the Year" by the Jazz Journalists Association.
Festival '69 is an historic concert performance, previously unreleased, providing unique insight into Gibbs' artistry prior to his recording career proper (debut album released in 1970). Assembling a big band boasting the cream of contemporary British Jazz, Gibbs connected for this one concert with pioneering vibraphonist Gary Burton and his Quartet.
6 September ·. Due for release September 21 is 'Festival '69' by Michael Gibbs with the Gary Burton Quartet - an historic previously unreleased concert performance providing unique insight into Gibbs’ artistry prior to his recording career proper. Gibbs’ band for the festival featured Chris Pyne, Kenny Wheeler, Trevor Barber, Alan Skidmore, Ray Warleigh, Tony Roberts and Chris Spedding.
Gary Burton Quartet – B And G(Midwestern Night Dream). The Gary Burton Quintet with Eberhard Weber 1964 Ring – 03 Tunnel Of Love. Gary Burton Quintet With Eberhard Weber – Mevlevia. The Gary Burton Quartet With Eberhard Weber – Claude and Betty. Gary Burton Quartet, Eberhard Weber – Nacada. Pat Metheny, Jan Garbarek, Gary Burton, SWR Big Band 2015 Hommage a Eberhard Weber – Full Album. Pat Metheny, Jan Garbarek, Gary Burton, Scott Colley, Danny Gottlieb, Paul McCandless, Michael Gibbs, Helge Sunde, SWR Big Band 2015 Hommage Eberhard Weber – Full Album. The Gary Burton Quartet With Eberhard Weber – Sea Journey. The Gary Burton Quintet with Eberhard Weber 1964 Ring – Full Album. The Gary Burton Quartet With Eberhard Weber – Yellow Fields.
Three (Gibbs) by Gary Burton Quartet from Re: Seoul (2013, ECM) album. track Gary Burton, vibraharp. Michael Goodrick, guitar. Members of the NDR-Symphony Orchestra, Hamburg. Michael Gibbs, conductor. from Seven Songs For Quartet And Chamber Orchestra.
|Live At Whitla Hall, Belfast, 20/11/69|
|1-1||General Mojo's We'll Laid Plan||5:41|
|1-3||Arise, Her Eyes||4:18|
|1-7||And On The Third Day||6:49|
|1-8||Chega de Saudad - Vibes Solo||5:15|
|2-3||Sojourn/June 15th 1967||14:36|
|2-7||Doin' The Pig||4:18|
|Lancaster 69: Live At Lancaster University, 2/69|
|3-2||Family Joy, Oh Boy!||8:01|
|3-4||Fly Time Fly (Sigh)||10:42|
|3-5||Feelings & Things/June The 15th 1967||9:53|
|3-6||And On The Third Day||7:11|
|3-7||Some Echoes, Some Shadows||9:21|
- Copyright (c) – Turtle Records
- Marketed By – Turtle Records
- Distributed By – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Alto Saxophone – Mike Osborne (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7)
- Bass – Jack Bruce (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7), Steve Swallow (tracks: 1-1 to 2-7)
- Bass Guitar – Chris Spedding (tracks: 1-7 to 2-6)
- Drums – Bill Goodwin (tracks: 1-1 to 2-7), John Marshall (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7)
- Guitar – Dave Pritchard* (tracks: 1-1 to 2-7), Phillip Lee (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7)
- Piano – Mike Pyne (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7)
- Saxophone – Alan Skidmore (tracks: 1-7 to 2-6), Ray Warleigh (tracks: 1-7 to 2-6), Tony Roberts (tracks: 1-7 to 2-6)
- Sopranino Saxophone – John Surman (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7)
- Tenor Saxophone – Alan Skidmore (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7)
- Trombone – Chris Pyne (tracks: 1-7 to 2-6, 3-1 to 3-7), Mike Gibbs (tracks: 1-7 to 2-6, 3-1 to 3-7)
- Trumpet – Kenny Wheeler (tracks: 1-7 to 2-6), Trevor Barber (tracks: 1-7 to 2-6)
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Henry Lowther (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7), Rodney Teal (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7)
- Tuba – Dick Hart (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7)
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Frank Ricotti (tracks: 3-1 to 3-7), Gary Burton (tracks: 1-1 to 2-7)
NotesSlip cases with card outer sleeve
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 5013929580305
- Barcode: 5 013929 580305