Peg Leg is an album by jazz bassist Ron Carter, originally released on LP in 1978, digitally remastered and released on CD in 1991 by Fantasy Studios. It was recorded in November 1977 and prominently features Carter on piccolo bass. Often carrying the melody the instrument is a focus of 3 of the albums 6 tracks, while fellow bass player Buster Williams performs the traditional role of the instrument on those tracks. The rhythm section is completed by piano and percussion (on all but 1 track), and guitar on 4 tracks. All compositions by Ron Carter except as indicated; album produced by Ron Carter. Recorded at Van Gelder Recording Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, November 16, 18, 21, 22 1977.
Exclusively for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). 1. 30. Peg Leg (Album Version). 2. Sheila's Song (Album Version). 3. Chapter XI (Album Version).
Ronald Levin Carter (born May 4, 1937) is an American jazz double bassist. His appearances on 2,221 recording sessions make him the most-recorded jazz bassist in history. Carter is also a cellist who has recorded numerous times on that instrument. Some of his studio albums as a leader include: Blues Farm (1973); All Blues (1973); Spanish Blue (1974); Anything Goes (1975); Yellow & Green (1976); Pastels (1976); Piccolo (1977); Third Plane (1977); Peg Leg (1978); and A Song for You (1978).
2. Sheila's Song (Hasta Luego, Mi Amiga). Peg Leg (LP, Album, RE, RM). Milestone (4). OJC-621. Peg Leg (CD, Album, RE, RM).
Sheila's Song, 06:13.
More albums from Ron Carter: The Golden Striker by Ron Carter. All Blues by Ron Carter. Pastels by Ron Carter. A Song For You by Ron Carter. Yellow & Green by Ron Carter. Blues Farm by Ron Carter. Sheila’s Song (Hasta Luego, Mi Amiga).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Sheila's Song (Hasta Luego, Mi Amiga)||6:14|
Composed By – Thelonious Monk
Composed By – Kurt Weill
- Record Company – Universal Music Group International
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Remastered At – Fantasy Studios
- Acoustic Guitar – Jay Berliner (tracks: 2, 6)
- Arranged By [Woodwind], Conductor – Robert M. Freedman*
- Art Direction – Phil Carroll
- Bass – Buster Williams (tracks: 1, 3, 4), Ron Carter (tracks: 2, 5, 6)
- Bass [Piccolo] – Ron Carter (tracks: 1, 3, 4)
- Bass Clarinet – Charles Russo (tracks: 3 to 5)
- Bassoon – Walter Kane* (tracks: 2, 4, 5)
- Clarinet – Charles Russo (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6), George Marge (tracks: 3, 5), Jerry Dodgion (tracks: 3), Walter Kane* (tracks: 1, 3)
- Drums – Ben Riley (tracks: 1 to 4, 6)
- Electric Guitar – Jay Berliner (tracks: 1)
- Engineer [Recording], Engineer [Re-mix] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Flute – George Marge (tracks: 1, 2, 6), Jerry Dodgion (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6), Walter Kane* (tracks: 1, 6)
- Flute [Alto] – Jerry Dodgion (tracks: 5, 6)
- Oboe – George Marge (tracks: 2, 4)
- Percussion – Ben Riley (tracks: 1, 2, 6), Ron Carter (tracks: 1, 2)
- Piano – Kenny Barron (tracks: 1 to 4, 6)
- Piccolo Flute – George Marge (tracks: 6), Jerry Dodgion (tracks: 6)
- Producer, Composed By – Ron Carter
- Remastered By – Phil De Lancie
- Supervised By – Orrin Keepnews
NotesRecorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, November 16, 18, 21 and 22, 1977.
Originally released in 1978.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 025218662123
- Label Code: LC 15025
- Rights Society: BIEM/SABAM
|M-9082||Ron Carter||Peg Leg (LP, Album)||Milestone||M-9082||US||1978|
|OJC-621||Ron Carter||Peg Leg (LP, Album, RE, RM)||Milestone||OJC-621||US||1991|
|OJCCD-621-2||Ron Carter||Peg Leg (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Milestone||OJCCD-621-2||US||1991|
|MSM 9082||Ron Carter||Peg Leg (LP, Album)||Milestone||MSM 9082||Italy||1978|
|SMJ-6224||Ron Carter||Peg Leg (LP, Album)||Milestone||SMJ-6224||Japan||1978|