Cher (born Cherilyn Sarkisian; May 20, 1946) is an American singer, actress and television host. Commonly referred to by the media as the Goddess of Pop, she has been described as embodying female autonomy in a male-dominated industry. She is known for her distinctive contralto singing voice and for having worked in numerous areas of entertainment, as well as adopting a variety of styles and appearances during her six-decade-long career.
American entertainer Cher has released 26 studio albums, nine compilation albums, four soundtrack albums, and three live albums. In 1964 Cher signed a recording contract with Imperial Records, a label owned by Liberty Records. After the success of her first major single, Bob Dylan's "All I Really Want to Do" she and her then-husband Sonny Bono worked on her first album All I Really Want to Do released in 1965.
The album was also her very first without Sonny's influence as it followed Cher's divorce with Sonny and the dissolution of her relationship with David Geffen. Internationally the album would go on to sell 440,000 copies (102,000 is US and 4,000 in UK). Only one single was released from the album - it's the song "Geronimo's Cadillac" (with the song "These Days" on the b side). It did not enter the charts
This album is recorded, produced, and sung by Cher just beautifully. Her version of "These Days" by Jackson Browne is amazing. Every song on this CD fits perfectly.
play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw).
The album was one in a string of commercial flops for Cher in the 1970s and failed to chart. The album is by-and-large a covers album. It was the first record for Warner Bros. Records and was produced by Jimmy Webb.
1975 studio album by Cher. In early 1975, Cher began recording with Phil Spector. These sessions beget the songs "A Woman's Story", and a cover of The Ronettes' "Baby, I Love You". However, due to Spector's expensive use of studio time, the album was eventually shelved. These songs were released as singles but were unsuccessful, and are now considered rarities. Cher then turned to Webb to record this album.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Tim Moore
|A2||Bell Bottom Blues
Written-By – Eric Clapton
Written-By – Jackson Browne
Written-By – Neil Young
|A5||Just This One Time
Written-By – J. Webb*
Written-By – Charles Quarto*, Michael Murphey*
|B2||The Bigger They Come The Harder They Fall
Written-By – Jimmy Cliff
Written-By – Boudleaux Bryant
|B4||Rock And Roll Doctor
Written-By – Fred Martin, Lowell George
Written-By – Janice Ian*
- Distributed By – WEA Filipacchi Music
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Mixed At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Arranged By – Jimmy Webb
- Arranged By [Horns] – Fred Tackett (tracks: B2, B4)
- Arranged By [Steel Drums] – Van Dyke Parks
- Art Direction – Lockart*
- Backing Vocals – Cher Bono, Clydie King, Edna Wright, Herb Pedersen, Sherlie Mattews*, Susan Webb
- Backing Vocals [Bass] – Gerry Garrett*
- Bass – Colin Cameron
- Brass – Arthur Depew, Jr.*, Lew McCreary, Vincent Derosa, William Peterson
- Conductor – Jimmy Webb
- Design – Lockart*
- Drums – Gary Mallaber, Hal Blaine, Harvey Mason, Jeff Porcaro, Jim Gordon, Jim Keltner
- Engineer [Assistant] – Gary Webb
- Guitar – Art Munson, David Cohen
- Guitar [Solos] – Dennis Budimir, Fred Tackett, Jesse Ed Davis
- Keyboards – Jimmy Webb, Joseph Sample*, Larry Knechtel
- Mixed By – John Haeny
- Percussion – Fred Tackett, Pat Murphy
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Norman Seeff
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Bill King
- Producer – Jimmy Webb
- Recorded By – John Haeny
- Steel Drums – Robert Greenidge
- Steel Guitar [Pedal] – Jeffery Baxter*, Orville "Red" Rhodes*
- Strings – Maestro Sid Sharp*
- Woodwind – Abe Most, William Collette*, Donald Ashworth*, Johnny Rotetta*
- Woodwind [Solos] – Skip Mosher
NotesWITHOUT THE LOVING DECIATION OF DAVID GEFFEN THIS ALBUM NEVER COULD HAVE BEEN MADE.
Harvey Mason appears courtesy of Arista Records
Joe Sample appears courtesy of Blue Thumb Records
Jimmy Webb appears courtesy of Elektra/Aslyum Records.
a Warner Communications Company
Manufactured and distributed by WEA Music of Canada Ltd.
℗ 1975 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
© 1975 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
|BS 2850||Cher||Stars (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||BS 2850||US||1975|
|BS 2850||Cher||Stars (LP, Album, Promo)||Warner Bros. Records||BS 2850||US||1975|
|K 56111||Cher||Stars (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records Inc.||K 56111||UK||1975|
|BS 2850||Cher||Stars (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||BS 2850||Canada||1975|
|3-01-404-078||Cher||Stars (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||3-01-404-078||Brazil||1975|