Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic - Sonic Geology download mp3 album
Sonic Geology was my introduction to Birdsongs of the Mesozoic music, later i discovered The Iridium Controversy which i enjoy more. This is an album which was released in the late 80�s which includse 18 themes, with 3 minutes per song average, which if im not wrong are something like a compilation of their early music, at least i read that in the book of the album, maybe talking about progressive rock is difficult to find an album with so many songs
Sonic Geology is not a replacement for the original albums - each has worthwhile material that didn't made the CD cut - but two previously unreleased tracks, Miller's "Pulse Piece" and Swope's "The Common Sparrow," will interest fans.
BIRDSONGS OF THE MESOZOIC is a RIO/Avant-Prog, Progressive Rock artist from United States. For an entirely instrumental band to go out and find a bass baritone singer and do an entire album of religious covers, is something I'm sure no one expected them to do.
Sonic Geology is a compilation album by Birdsongs of the Mesozoic, released on 1988 by Rykodisc Contents.
Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic. Sonic Geology (CD, Album, Comp).
Sound Valentine" by Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic from the album Sonic Geology, released by Rykodisc in 1988. Also on The Fossil Record 1980-1987 (1993); originally on Birdsongs of the Mesozoic EP (1983).
|1||Shiny Golden Snakes||3:03|
|5||The Rite Of Spring (excerpts)||6:47|
|6||The Orange Ocean||2:25|
|8||Scenes From A...||5:02|
|9||The Beat Of The Mesozoic, Part 1||5:32|
|13||Theme From Rocky And Bullwinkle||1:29|
|16||The Common Sparrow||4:54|
|17||Lost In The B-Zone||4:29|
|18||Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous||7:55|
- Design – J.E. Tully
- Drum Programming [Rhythm Machines] – Erik Lindgren
- Engineer – Bob Winsor, Jeff Whitehead, Tony Volante
- Guest, Cello ['Cello] – Karen Kaderavek
- Guest, Clarinet – Leon Janikian
- Guest, Electronic Drums [Roto-toms], Cymbal [Cymbals], Snare – Michael Cohen
- Guest, Flute – Steve Adams
- Guest, Percussion [Chain On Metal] – Steve Stain
- Guest, Saxophone [Your Neighborhood Saxophone Quartet] – Allan Chase, Cercie Miller, Steve Adams, Tom Hall
- Guest, Talking Drum [Dono] – Taki
- Guest, Tom Tom [Tomtom] – Peter Prescott
- Guitar – Martin Swope
- Liner Notes – Jim Sullivan
- Mastered By – Dr. Toby Mountain*
- Organ [Farfisa] – Rick Scott
- Percussion – Erik Lindgren , Martin Swope, Rick Scott , Roger Miller
- Photography By – F-Stop Fitzgerald, Kathy Chapman, Lisa Pestana
- Piano – Rick Scott , Roger Miller
- Producer – Richard W. Harte
- Synthesizer – Erik Lindgren
- Written-By – Erik Lindgren (tracks: 2, 8, 10, 17), Frank Comstock (tracks: 13), Fred Steiner (tracks: 13), Igor Stravinsky (tracks: 5), Martin Swope (tracks: 7, 11, 16), Rick Scott (tracks: 12), Roger Miller (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 14, 15, 18)
NotesTracks 6, 11, 15 and 18: recorded 8/81 to 12/82, are from Birdsongs of the Mesozoic, AHS 1008 (P) 1983
Tracks 1, 2, 5, 7, 10, 12, 13 and 14: recorded 10/83 to 1/84, are from Magnetic Flip, AHS 10018 (P) 1984
Tracks 3, 8, 9 and 17: recorded 3/85, are from Beat of the Mesozoic, AHS 1018 (P) 1986
All on Ace of Hearts Records
Tracks 4 and 16 have never seen the light of day before now.
Other insert text/notes:
We also play (on various tracks): clarinet mouthpiece, nails on concrete, copper sheet, gong, cymbals, pre-recorded tape, manipulated birdcalls, small hand percussion, bass guitar, hubcap, washboard and wood drum.
All but two of these tracks are from our three albums on Ace Of Hearts, P.O. Box 579, Kenmore Station, Boston, MA 02215. The albums contain additional tracks.
All tracks recorded in Boston at Downtown Recorders except tracks 3, 8, 9, and 17 which were recorded in Montreal, Canada at Le Studio
All songs mixed in Boston at Soundtrack Studios, except 6, 11, 15, and 18 which were mixed at Downtown Recorders, and tracks 4 & 16 were mixed at Normandy Sound in Warren, RI.
Other People We Want To Thank: Mark Kates, Holly Anderson, Heidi Price, Jay Reeg, Eric Van, AOH Crew.
PRINTED IN CANADA
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: none
- Matrix / Runout: RCD 20073 [email protected] B
- Matrix / Runout (CD Mould Text): MADE IN USA BY PDO
|RCD 20073||Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic||Sonic Geology (CD, Album, Comp)||Rykodisc||RCD 20073||Canada||1988|