Wave of Mutilation: Best of Pixies is a compilation album by the Pixies. It was released on May 3, 2004 in the United Kingdom and the following day in the United States alongside a companion DVD featuring a live show, promotional videos and two documentaries. Early batches of the record feature a fault on the track "Hey", where Black Francis' opening shout of "Hey" is missing.
Wave of Mutilation: Best of Pixies. Released May 3, 2004. Wave of Mutilation: Best of Pixies Tracklist. 1. Bone Machine Lyrics.
First European pressing of 750 copies on burnt orange vinyl. Gatefold sleeve, in a clear plastic wallet. A2 to A4: from 'Come On Pilgrim' mini-album. Recorded at Fort Apache, Roxbury, MA. A1, A5, B1, C3: from 'Surfer Rosa' album. Recorded at 2 Division, Boston, MA. A6: from 'Gigantic' single.
4AD tries, tries again with Wave of Mutilation: The Best of the Pixies, the second Pixies best-of they've released since the band broke up in 1992 and the companion piece to the long-awaited, simultaneously released DVD Pixies. Come On Pilgrim's "I've Been Tired" and "Levitate Me" are missed nearly as much, even though including them would bring the total songs from the eight-song mini-album that appear on Wave of Mutilation to five (making a case for Come On Pilgrim to be considered the Pixies' most consistent - if not best - work).
Wave of Mutilation: Best. has been added to your Cart. Wave Of Mutilation: Best Of Pixies. Includes FREE MP3 version of this album.
Listen free to Pixies – Wave Of Mutilation: Best Of Pixies (Bone Machine, Nimrod's Son and more). 23 tracks (). 4AD tries, tries again with Wave of Mutilation: The Best of the Pixies, the second Pixies best-of they've released since the band broke up in 1992 and the companion piece to the long-awaited, simultaneously released DVD Pixies
See All. Complete "B" Sides.
2004 marked the release of Wave of Mutilation, a best of collection presenting 23 tracks that outline the Pixies catalogue, giving new listeners an excellent feel for one of rocks most underrated bands. With outlandish lyrics and interesting song orchestration, the Pixies may be a bit hard to swallow at first, however, after repeated listens, the intricacies and creativity prove to present themself in an admirable light
Tracklist Hide Credits
|6||Gigantic (Single Version)
Songwriter – Kim Deal
|9||Monkey Gone To Heaven
Cello – Ann Rorich, Arthur FiaccoViolin – Corine Metter, Karen Karlsrud
|12||Wave Of Mutilation||2:03|
|13||Here Comes Your Man||3:21|
|15||Where Is My Mind?||3:49|
|16||Into The White||4:39|
|19||Dig For Fire||3:02|
|22||Planet Of Sound||2:06|
Producer – PixiesSongwriter – Neil Young
- Designed At – V23
- Published By – Rice and Beans Music
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – 4AD Ltd.
- Pressed By – Sonopress – 51074055
- Recorded At – Fort Apache South
- Recorded At – Blackwing Studios
- Recorded At – Downtown Recorders
- Recorded At – Master Control Studios
- Art Direction, Design – Chris Bigg , Vaughan Oliver
- Bass, Vocals – Kim Deal
- Drums – David Lovering*
- Engineer – Al Clay* (tracks: 6), Gil Norton (tracks: 8 to 14), Paul Q. Kolderie (tracks: 2 to 4, 16, 23), Steve Albini (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 15), Steve Haigler* (tracks: 20 to 22)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Alistair Clay (tracks: 17 to 19), Andrew Ballard (tracks: 17 to 22), Dave Snider (tracks: 8 to 14), Gregg Barrett (tracks: 17 to 19), Jack Benson (tracks: 17 to 19), John McDonnell (tracks: 20 to 22), Ken Gardner (tracks: 20 to 22), Matt Lane (tracks: 8 to 14), Moses Schneider (tracks: 17 to 19), Phillipe Tousche* (tracks: 20 to 22), Scott Blockland (tracks: 17 to 22)
- Guitar, Vocals – Black Francis
- Keyboards, Synthesizer [Synthetics] – Eric Drew Feldman (tracks: 20 to 22)
- Lead Guitar – Joey Santiago
- Mixed By – Steve Haigler* (tracks: 8 to 14, 17 to 19)
- Photography By [Cover] – Jason Love
- Photography By [Portrait] – Andrew Catlin
- Producer – Gary Smith (tracks: 2 to 4, 23), Gil Norton (tracks: 6, 8 to 14, 17 to 22), Steve Albini (tracks: 1, 5, 7, 15)
- Songwriter – Black Francis (tracks: 1 to 22)
Notes2 to 4: from 'Come On Pilgrim' mini-album. Recorded at Fort Apache, Roxbury, MA.
1, 5, 7, 15: from 'Surfer Rosa' album. Recorded at 2 Division, Boston, MA.
6: from 'Gigantic' single. Recorded at Blackwing, London.
8 to 14: from 'Doolittle' album. Recorded at Downtown Recorders, Boston, MA. Mixed at Carriage House Studios, Stamford, CT.
16: from 'Here Comes Your Man' single. Recorded at Fort Apache, Roxbury, MA.
17 to 19: from 'Bossanova' album.
20 to 22: from 'Trompe Le Monde' album. Recorded at Master Control, Burback, CA.
23: from 'Dig For Fire' single. Recorded at Fort Apache, Roxbury, MA.
Art direction and design at v23.
all songs published by Rice and Beans Music (BMI)
except 'Winterlong' published by
Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
tracks 2, 3, 4, ℗ 1987 4AD ltd.
tracks 1, 5, 6, 7. 15, ℗ 1988 4AD ltd.
tracks 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, ℗ 1989 4AD ltd.
tracks 17, 18, 19, 23, ℗ 1990 4AD ltd.
tracks 20, 21, 22, ℗ 1991 4AD ltd.
Sticker on jewel case said: "Parental Advisory Explicit Content"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 52637 24062 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 652637240627
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2): sonopress 51074055/CAD2406CD 23
- Mould SID Code (Variation 1): IFPI 0774
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0742
- Label Code: LC 05807
|CAD 2406CD||Pixies||Best Of Pixies (Wave Of Mutilation) (CD, Comp, Son)||4AD||CAD 2406CD||Europe||2004|
|CAD 2406CD||Pixies||Best Of Pixies (Wave Of Mutilation) (CD, Comp)||4AD||CAD 2406CD||US||2004|
|CAD 2406||Pixies||Best Of Pixies (Wave Of Mutilation) (2xLP, Comp, Ora)||4AD||CAD 2406||UK||2011|
|2452-2||Pixies||Best Of Pixies (Wave Of Mutilation) (CD, Comp)||Zoom Records||2452-2||Colombia||2004|
|CDJUST 011||Pixies||Best Of Pixies (Wave Of Mutilation) (CD, Comp)||4AD||CDJUST 011||South Africa||2004|