When Lamb first started out they sounded ever so slightly wrong: There was something gawky about the duo, as if their nerdish instincts couldn’t let a song go without messing it up a little. The Secret of Letting Go, on the other hand, is incredibly smooth, with the jagged edges that once made Lamb so interesting sacrificed for a buttery consistency. The second half of the album, especially, is dominated by gilded piano chords, softly rousing strings, and gently humming synths, which lay a lazy bed for Rhodes’ increasingly conventional vocals. The seeds of a half-decent album are buried among The Secret of Letting Go’s more experimental tracks. But, in the immortal words of another extremely ’90s act, that don’t impress me much. Modern audiences with no notion of the band’s unusual history are unlikely to be moved by this album’s velvety shrug.
5 New Lamb Album The Secret of Letting Go (2019). 5' was released on label Strata Music.
British duo Lamb wrote and recorded their seventh studio full-length after completing a European tour which commemorated the 21st anniversary of their beloved 1996 debut. Since that album's release, Lou Rhodes and Andy Barlow have continually refined their genre-splicing sound without losing their touch for relating deep human emotions. On the title track, written as the group were considering disbanding again, Rhodes proclaims that "the secret of letting go is forgetting to hold on," while "Illumina" reveals that "the dark is how we let the light i. The production is similarly sophisticated without being too excessive, and even though Lamb's fondness for twisted time signatures will never fade, their music is never unnecessarily showy.
The iconic trip hop band, Lamb, have released a new single called Moonshine. Check out the video for the first single off of the new album. The Secret of Letting Go tracklist. The Secret Of Letting Go. Imperial Measures.
Staff & Contributors // Site Forum // Contact us. Bands:.
Album: The Secret Of Letting Go. Released: 2019. Previously on NewAlbumReleases. net: October 18, 2014 - Lamb – Backspace Unwind (2014). August 16, 2014 - Lamb – Transfatty Acid .
05 The Secret of Letting G. 4a (. MB). 06 Imperial Measures. m4a (. 07 The Other Shore. 08 Deep Delirium. 09 Illumina. 10 The Silence in Between. 11 One Hand Clapping.
|A5||The Secret Of Letting Go|
|B1||The Other Shore|
|B4||The Silence In Between|
|B5||One Hand Clapping|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Lamb
- Copyright (c) – Lamb
- Licensed To – Cooking Vinyl Ltd.
- Mixed At – Lookout Studios
- Mastered At – Sonopod Mastering
- Published By – Domino Publishing Co. Ltd.
- Bass, Double Bass – Jon Thorne (tracks: A3, A6, B1, B3, B5)
- Booking [Lamb Live US] – Marty Diamond
- Booking [Lamb Live] – Steve Zapp
- Drums [Drum Kit] – Kevin Prior (tracks: B3), Nikolaj Bjerre (tracks: A3, B3)
- Graphic Design – Mat Martin
- Guitar – Vid Moeckli (tracks: A3)
- Management – Ros Earls
- Mastered By – Dave Greenberg
- Other [Make-up] – Svetlana Likhachev
- Photography By – Ifusha Kalina
- Photography By [Assisted By] – Daria Samoylova
- Piano, Cello – Danny Keane* (tracks: B4)
- Producer, Mixed By – Andy Barlow*
- Promotion [Plugger] – Joe Mallott
- Saw – Quinta (tracks: A6)
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Kevin Davy (tracks: A3, B1, B2)
- Violin, Viola – Quinta (tracks: A6, B1, B5)
- Vocals [Additional] – Cian Finn (tracks: A2)
- Written-By – Andy Barlow*, Cian Finn (tracks: A2), Lou Rhodes*
180G Heavyweight Vinyl in Gatefold Sleeve
Includes download card.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Sticker / Text): 7 11297 52281 5
- Label Code: LC 7180
|COOKLP728X||Lamb||The Secret Of Letting Go (LP, Album, Ltd, Gre)||Cooking Vinyl||COOKLP728X||UK||2019|
|COOKCT728||Lamb||The Secret Of Letting Go (Cass, Album)||Cooking Vinyl||COOKCT728||UK||2019|
|none||Lamb||The Secret Of Letting Go (11xFile, FLAC)||Cooking Vinyl||none||UK||2019|
|COOKCT728||Lamb||The Secret Of Letting Go (LP, Num, TP, W/Lbl)||Cooking Vinyl||COOKCT728||UK||2019|
|COOKCD728||Lamb||The Secret Of Letting Go (CD, Album)||Cooking Vinyl||COOKCD728||UK||2019|