The Parliament album entitled Osmium was released on Invictus Records in 1970, and was later reissued on CD with non-album tracks as both Rhenium and First Thangs. Osmium featured a mostly psychedelic soul sound that was more similar to the Funkadelic albums of the period than to the later Parliament albums. Two further Parliament albums, Gloryhallastoopid (1979) and Trombipulation (1980) were less successful than the albums from the group's prime 1975-1978 period. Parliament's 1978 release "Aqua Boogie (A bioaquadoloop)" would go on to become one of the defining samples of the West Coast G-Funk movement.
Parliament – Trombipulation. Label: Casablanca – 842 623-2. trombipulation:(. LINTON) 4:38. Parliament - Let's Play House 3:38. Parliament - Long Way Around 5:40.
Trombipulation is a 1980 album by the funk band Parliament (see 1980 in music). It was released by Casablanca Records. It was the last album of original material produced by the group for 38 years until Medicaid Fraud Dogg in 2018. Unlike previous Parliament albums, George Clinton did not serve as sole producer of the album, as other P-Funk figures assisted in producing individual tracks.
Features Song Lyrics for Parliament's Trombipulation album. Parliament - Trombipulation Album Lyrics. 1. Agony of Defeet Lyrics. Parliament Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Do you like this album?
Produced by Bootsy Collins. Album Trombipulation. Trombipulation Lyrics. YEAH!! Trombipulation (Yut dut duh daht daahh-dah!) New revelation. We be struggling by the pound Givin' up plenty of sound We be funkin' like they thought they were doin'. Let your eyes do the stylin', let your smiler do the smilin' For heaven's sakes, let the wind do the blowin'. Trombipulation! Trombipulation, here comes the new revelation (Yeah!!!) Remember when we were dozy And let the nose be nosy (Oh Yeah!) Give me my really nose appeal I'll stick my nose in any deal (Yeah!)
trombipulation LP. Parliament Format: Vinyl. Trombipulation was Parliament's way of going out with a bang. For some reason, this album wasn't reissued by Cassablanca along with the rest of them, making it very hard to find. I was fortunate enough to come across a copy of the CD. After the disappointing Gloryhallastoopid, Parliament certainly pumped up the funk. It was the last album of original material produced by the group. Bassist Bootsy Collins emerged as the principal musician on this album, playing virtually all of the instruments on a number of tracks. Trombipulation" – 4:34. Long Way Around" – 5:40. Agony Of Defeet" – 6:23 (released as single Casablanca NB 2317, then as a promotional 12" single-Casablanca NBD 20232 ).
Perhaps the most interesting aspect of Trombipulation is how it finds Parliament in free fall, seemingly out of good ideas and sounding downright uninspired. It's no wonder Clinton dissolved the group after this album's wake - after both Gloryhallastoopid and Trombipulation, it'd become apparent Parliament had run its course and had become creatively bankrupt.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Horns] – Fred WesleyArranged By [Vocals] – George ClintonArranged By [Vocals], Producer – Bootsy CollinsMixed By – Jim CallonWritten-By – G. Clinton*, W. Collins*
Arranged By [Horns] – Fred WesleyArranged By [Vocals] – George ClintonMixed By – Jim VittiProducer – Bootsy CollinsWritten-By – G. Clinton*, W. Collins*
|A3||Long Way Around
Arranged By [Horns, Strings] – Tony CamilloArranged By [Vocals] – George ClintonArranged By [Vocals], Producer – Walter Morrison*Bass [Oberheim], Piano [Acoustic], Synthesizer – Bernie WorrellBass [Oberheim], Synthesizer, Piano – Bernie WorrellMixed By – Jim CallonWritten-By – G. Clinton*, W. Morrison*
|A4||Agony Of Defeet
Arranged By [Vocals], Producer – Ron DunbarBass – Donnie SterlingDrums – Lonnie GreeneGuitar – Tony Thomas Mixed By – Jim VittiPercussion – Larry FratangeloWritten-By – D. Clinton*, D. Sterling*, R. Dunbar*
|B1||New Doo Review
Arranged By [Horns, Strings] – Tony CamilloArranged By [Vocals] – Garry Shider, George ClintonArranged By [Vocals], Producer – Ron FordBass – Lige CurryGuitar, Keyboards – Michael HamptonMixed By – Jim VittiWritten-By – G. Clinton*, R. Ford*
|B2||Let's Play House
Arranged By [Horns] – Fred WesleyArranged By [Vocals] – George ClintonArranged By [Vocals], Producer – Walter Morrison*Harmonica – Aaron "Little Sonny" Willis*Keyboards – Bernie WorrellMixed By – Jim VittiPercussion – Carl "Butch" SmallProducer – Bootsy CollinsWritten-By – G. Clinton*, W. Morrison*, W. Collins*
Arranged By [Horns] – Fred WesleyArranged By [Strings] – Tony CamilloArranged By [Vocals] – George ClintonBass – Donnie SterlingDrums – Tyrone LampkinGuitar – Gordon CarltonMixed By – Jim VittiPercussion – Larry FratangeloWritten-By – G. Clinton*
Arranged By [Horns, Strings] – Bernie WorrellArranged By [Horns] – Darryl Dixon, Greg Thomas , Larry HatcherArranged By [Vocals] – George ClintonArranged By [Vocals], Producer – Ron FordBass – Jimmie AliDrums – Kenny ColtonGuitar – Gordon Carlton, Jerome AliKeyboards – Ernestro Wilson, Manon SaulsbySynthesizer – David SpradleyWritten-By – G. Clinton*, R. Ford*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Casablanca Record And Filmworks, Inc.
- Manufactured By – PRT
- Marketed By – PRT
- Artwork By [Graphics] – Art Hotel
- Artwork By [Inlay] – Stan Watts
- Artwork By [Nose Sculpture] – Tim Bruckner
- Bass, Guitar – Bootsy Collins (tracks: A1, A2, B2)
- Concertmaster – Anthony Posk*
- Conductor – Tony Posk
- Drums – Bootsy Collins (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B2)
- Engineer – Bob Dennis, Dave Riley, Dave Baker*, Fred Munch, Greg Reilly, Greg Ward, Jim Vitti, John Jaszcz, John Witham, Mike Iacopelli
- Engineer [Additional Assistant] – Jeff Hendrickson
- Engineer [Additional] – Jim Callon, Jim McCurdy, Larry Alexander, Mike Hutchinson*, Reggie Dozier*
- Horns – Barry Rogers, Barry Taylor, Bennie Cowan, Danny Cahn, Darryl Dixon, Dave Tofani, David Majali*, David Taylor, Fred Wesley, Greg Thomas , John Mical, Larry Hatcher, Maceo Parker, Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker, Richard Griffith
- Keyboards – David Lee Chong* (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B1 to B3)
- Mastered By – Brian Gardner
- Other [Art Direction] – Overton Loyd
- Other [Concept], Producer – George Clinton
- Vocals – Andre Foxxe, Cheryl James, Dawn Driver, Dawn Silva, Donnie Sterling, Dr. Funk*, Garry Shider, George Clinton, God Momma*, Gwendolyn Dozier, Janice Evans, Jeanette McGruder, Jeanette Washington, Jerome Rogers, Jessica Cleaves, Kevin Shider, Larry Hatcher, Larry Heckstall, Lige Curry, Linda Shider, Lonnie Greene, Mallia Franklin, Michael "Clip" Payne*, Nina Hoover, Patty Walker, Philippe Wynne, Ray Davis, Robert "P-Nut" Johnson, Ron Dunbar, Ron Ford, Ronni Faust, Sheila Horne, Shirley Hayden, Steve Pannell*, Tony Davis , Tony Thomas , Tracey "Tray-Lewd" Lewis*
NotesIncludes inlay but not gatefold.
Record appears to have originally been printed with a PYE logo, which has been stamped over with a silver and black PRT logo.
Label shows “Casablanca Record And Filmworks” logo.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: NBLP 7249 A-1
- Matrix / Runout: NBLP 7249 B-1
|NBLP 7249||Parliament||Trombipulation (LP, Album, Gat)||Casablanca||NBLP 7249||US||1980|
|25S-40||Parliament||Trombipulation (LP, Album)||Casablanca, Polystar||25S-40||Japan||1980|
|NBLP 7249||Parliament||Trombipulation (LP, Album, Promo, Gat)||Casablanca||NBLP 7249||US||1980|
|842 623-2||Parliament||Trombipulation (CD, Album)||Casablanca||842 623-2||US||1990|
|PHCR-4189||Parliament||Trombipulation (CD, Album, RE)||Casablanca||PHCR-4189||Japan||1996|