Smooth Operator" is a song by English band Sade from their debut studio album Diamond Life (1984). It was released as the third single from Diamond Life in the United Kingdom as a 7-inch single with "Spirit" as its B-side, and as a 12-inch maxi single with "Smooth Operator" and "Red Eye" on side A and "Spirit" on side B. The song is also more or less the album's title track as the title comes from the first sung line in the song following a spoken introduction.
Sade Smooth Operator, Full Album. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). DEEPовый MIX - Sade Smooth Operator (Regina Reinoso & Alex Greenhouse Cover Mix). The Best Of Sade Smooth Operator. Sade Smooth Operator (US Single Extended Jazz Version). Sade Smooth Operator (De Rigueur Remix).
Smooth operator Smooth operator Smooth operator Smooth operator Smooth operator Smooth operator Smooth operator. About Smooth Operator. Smooth Operator was the third single from Sade’s blockbuster debut album Diamond Life, which takes its title from the first line of this song. The single reached on the US Billboard 100 charts, and on the UK Singles Chart. The song is about a dominant, alpha-male lover who is no good for her, but still irresistible. The song’s lyrics and title would be referenced regularly by hip-hop artists, including Rakim, Big Daddy Kane,.
Musician: Paul S Denman Album: Diamond Life Released in: 1984 Label: Epic - Portrait Length: 4:58 Info: There are several versions of this song with slightly different bass lines. This version is from the CD "Diamond Life". Posted on: 09 10 2008. Dave 2018-02-04 03:53:51 PDT.
Diamond life, lover boy He move in space with minimum waste and maximum joy City lights and business nights When you require streetcar desire for higher heights. No place for beginners or sensitive hearts When sentiment is left to chance No place to be ending but somewhere to start
No need to ask He's a smooth operator Smooth operator, smooth operator Smooth operator. Coast to coast, LA to Chicago, western male Across the north and south, to Key Largo, love for sale. Face to face, each classic case We shadow box and double cross Yet need the chase. A license to love, insurance to hold Melts all your memories and change into gold His eyes are like angels but his heart is cold. No need to ask He's a smooth operator Smooth operator, smooth operator Smooth operator.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Denman*, Matthewman*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Manufactured By – Portrait Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Carrollton, GA
- Mastered At – Frankford/Wayne Recording Labs
- Design [Sleeve] – Graham Smith
- Engineer – Mike Pela
- Mastered By [Runout Etchings] – Herb Powers Jr.
- Photography By – Chris Duffy
- Producer – Robin Millar
- Written-By – St. John*, Adu*
NotesFrom the Album Diamond Life
A - ℗ - 1985 CBS Inc.
B - ℗ - 1984 CBS Inc.
Portrait is a trademark of CBS Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (On Labels): 7464-04807-7
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Label): ZSS 173198
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Label): ZSS 173226
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Runout - Etched, Variant 1): ZSS-173198-D F/W HERBIE 4R (smiley) G1
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Runout - Etched, Variant 1): ZSS-173226-1C F/W (smiley) G1
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Runout - Etched, Variant 2): ZSS-173198-1AA D G2 A1
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Runout - Etched, Variant 2): ZSS-173226-1AA D G1 B4
- Pressing Plant ID (Dead Wax / Runouts): G1
|TX 4655, TX4655||Sade||Smooth Operator (12")||Epic, Epic||TX 4655, TX4655||UK||1984|
|EPC A 12.4655||Sade||Smooth Operator (12", Maxi)||Epic||EPC A 12.4655||Spain||1984|
|ES 998||Sade||Smooth Operator (7", Single)||Epic||ES 998||New Zealand||1984|
|A 4655, EPC 4655||Sade||Smooth Operator (7", S/Sided, Single, Promo)||Epic, Epic||A 4655, EPC 4655||Spain||1984|
|12・3P-581||Sade||Smooth Operator (12", Promo)||Epic||12・3P-581||Japan||1984|