Echos is the eighth studio album by Switzerland-based Gothic rock band Lacrimosa. It features classically influenced Gothic-themed rock music. The title is German for "echoes". The record was released on 27 January 2003 by Hall Of Sermon. Echos begins with an orchestral overture of 13 minutes length and continues with a mix of symphonic elements and hard rock that is typical of Lacrimosa. However the entire album is oriented towards classical instruments rather than hard electric guitars.
Lacrimosa's ninth album, Lichtgestalt, largely retains the classical orientation of Echos, but rock elements begin to resurface. In particular the first track, Sapphire, begins as a slow, mostly classical song but around halfway through moves into a far more metal-sounding section; the pace of the song increases, a heavy guitar backing takes over and Wolff switches from singing into a. rasping, high-pitched death grunt for a few minutes. In March 2008 Lacrimosa started working on their next studio album entitled "Sehnsucht", which was released on 8 May 2009.
Format – mp3. Download album for free and listen online on Myzcloud. Songs in album Lacrimosa - Echos (2003). 2. Suche - Part 1: Durch Nacht Und Flut.
Labels Hall Of Sermon. Music StyleGothic Metal. Members owning this album84.
Echos (CD, Album, Dig). Hall Of Sermon, Hall Of Sermon. Lacrimosa - Echos 12:43. Lacrimosa-Malina(Subtitulado) 4:51. Lacrimosa - Sacrifice (Hingabe - Part 1) 9:30.
Echos is the eighth studio album by Switzerland-based Gothic rock band Lacrimosa. The title is German for "echoes" Echos. Singer Anne Nurmi's only solo track "Apart" has been compared to music by the Cocteau Twins
Classical elements blended with traditional instruments to perfection. I was somewhat misinformed when purchasing this album. I was expecting this to be a hard rocking, metal album. Instead, I found no blast beats, no double bass, and no harsh vocals. Instead, I found an epic piece of music that layers elements of Classic into modern gothic culture, with traces of metal to be found here and there. The beauty of this album could be passed off to some dramatic foreign film and be used as a score. Lacrimosa had formed in Germany around the 1990's.
|2||Durch Nacht Und Flut (Suche - Part 1)||6:03|
|3||Sacrifice (Hingabe - Part 1)||9:28|
|4||Apart (Bittruf - Part 1)||4:16|
|5||Ein Hauch Von Menschlichkeit (Suche - Part 2)||5:05|
|6||Eine Nacht In Ewigkeit (Hingabe - Part 2)||5:52|
|7||Malina (Bittruf - Part 2)||4:48|
|8||Die Schreie Sind Verstummt (Requiem Für Drei Gamben Und Klavier)||23:49|
- Artwork – Gunnar Eysel, Stelio Diamantopoulos, Tilo Wolff
- Cello, Violin [Gamben] – V. Sondeckis*
- Choir – Rosenberg Ensemble
- Choir [Alt] – Melanie Kirschke, Uli Brandt, Ursula Ritter
- Choir [Bass] – Frederick Martin, Joachim Gebardt*
- Choir [Sopran] – Bettina Hunold, Catharina Boutari, Raphaela Mayhaus
- Choir [Tenor] – Klaus Bülow, Olaf Senkbeil, Yenz Leonhard*
- Concertmaster [Spielmann-schnyder Philharmonie] – Ludgar Hendrich
- Conductor [Deutsches Filmorchester Babelsberg] – Günter Joseck
- Conductor [Spielmann-schnyder Philharmonie] – Christopher Clayton
- Double Bass – Katharina Bunners
- Drums – Manne Uhlig, Thomas Nack
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass [Electric + Acoustic], Mellotron – Jay P.
- Keyboards, Voice – Anne Nurmi
- Mastered By – Helge Halvé
- Orchestra – Deutsches Filmorchester Babelsberg, Spielmann-Schnyder Philharmonie*
- Performer – Lacrimosa
- Photography By – Burgis Wehry
- Piano, Programmed By, Voice – Tilo Wolff
- Recorded By [Impuls Musicproductions], Mixed By [Impuls Musicproductionss] – JP Genkel*
- Recorded By [Scoring Stage], Mixed By [Scoring Stage] – Michael Schubert
- Viola – Sebastian Marock
- Violin [1st] – Stefan Pintev
- Violin [2nd] – Rodrigo Reichel
- Written-By, Composed By, Arranged By, Orchestrated By, Producer – Tilo Wolff
NotesThis edition has no OBI. There is also a similar other with OBI.
HOS 7881 on back near the barcode, 27361 67832 on lateral sides, HOS 7880 on the disc.
Taiwan press under licence from HOS selling on Lacrimosa live tour, replica artworks of the Switzerland version.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 27361 67832 6
- Matrix / Runout: A0100445432-0101 15 REV00
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LH72
- Mould SID Code: IFPI H61B
- Label Code: LC 1941
- Rights Society: SUISA
|HOS 7880, 27361 67832||Lacrimosa||Echos (CD, Album, Dig)||Hall Of Sermon, Hall Of Sermon||HOS 7880, 27361 67832||Switzerland||2003|
|CD-44||Lacrimosa||Echos (2xCD, Album, Dlx, Enh, Ltd, RM, S/Edition)||End Of The Light||CD-44||US||2015|
|none||Lacrimosa||Echos (Cass, Album, Promo)||Hall Of Sermon||none||Switzerland||2003|
|HOS 8780||Lacrimosa||Echos (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Hall Of Sermon||HOS 8780||Russia||2003|
|IROND CD 03-429||Lacrimosa||Echos (CD, Album)||Irond||IROND CD 03-429||Russia||2003|