Thursday Afternoon is the eleventh solo studio album by British ambient musician Brian Eno consisting of one 60-minute eponymous composition. It is the rearranged soundtrack to an 80-minute video production of the same title made in 1984. Since recording Discreet Music in 1975, Eno had shown a strong interest in creating music that can influence the atmosphere of the space in which it is played, rather than be focused on directly.
Brian Eno. Album Thursday Afternoon. Thursday Afternoon Lyrics. Thursday Afternoon" Track Info. Written By Brian Eno. Thursday Afternoon Brian Eno. 1. Thursday Afternoon.
The soundtrack to a VHS cassette of Christine Alicino's "video paintings" (which can be viewed properly only when the monitor is stood on its side), Thursday Afternoon is an hour-long, uninterrupted ambient piece created in Eno's "holographic" compositional style, in which even the most brief snippet of music is representative of the performance as a whole.
Brian Eno Thursday Afternoon (61 Minute Version). play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw).
Brian Eno : Thursday Afternoon,disco, crónica, tracklist, mp3, textos. Band Name Brian Eno. Album Name Thursday Afternoon. Data de aparición Marzo 2005. Estilo MusicalExperimental Rock. Miembros poseen este álbum2. Brian Eno. Saber más. Other productions from Brian Eno. The Ship.
|1||Thursday Afternoon (61 Minute Version)||61:00|
- Record Company – Virgin Enterprises Ltd.
- Distributed By – EMI Music Canada
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – E.G. Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – E.G. Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Opal Ltd.
- Published By – E.G. Music, Inc.
- Made By – Disque Americ
- Engineered At – Grant Avenue Studio
- Engineered At – Marcus Recording Studios
- Engineered At – Decca Studios
- Artwork [Art], Design – Russell Mills
- Artwork [Extract From Diagram] – Brian Eno
- Engineer – Daniel Lanois, Tim Hunt
- Engineer [Digital] – Nigel Gayler
- Liner Notes – Brian Eno, C.S J. Bofop*
- Mixed By [Mix Team] – Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Michael Brook
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Tom Phillips
- Performer [Origination Team] – Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Roger Eno
- Photography By – Alex Roggero
- Photography By [Brian Eno] – Gabriella Cardazzo
- Technician [Assembly Team] – Brian Eno, Michael Brook
- Technician [Digital Consultant] – Carlos Olms
- Written-By – Brian Eno
NotesCanadian release, likely early to mid-1990s. In standard jewel case.
Booklet/inlay: © 1985 Opal Ltd. ℗ 1985 EG Records Ltd. An Opal production.
Disc: ℗ 1985 EG Records Ltd. © EG Records Ltd.
Published by EG Music Inc. (BMI)
Cat # 0777 7 86474 2 3 appears on booklet and inlay, V2 86474 appears on disc.
Recorded for the video made in April 1984 at the request of Sony Japan.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 077778647423
- Barcode (Text): 0 7777-86474-2 3
- Matrix / Runout: DADR OMNL1<011>V286474
- Rights Society: BMI
- SPARS Code: ADD
|EGCD 64||Brian Eno||Thursday Afternoon (CD, Album)||EG||EGCD 64||UK||1985|
|EGCD 64||Brian Eno||Thursday Afternoon (CD, Album, RE)||EG||EGCD 64||UK||1985|
|EGCD 64||Brian Eno||Thursday Afternoon (CD, Album)||EG||EGCD 64||US||Unknown|
|0777 7 86474 2 3, EGCD 64, 258 189||Brian Eno||Thursday Afternoon (CD, Album, RE)||Virgin, EG, Virgin||0777 7 86474 2 3, EGCD 64, 258 189||Europe||Unknown|
|none||Brian Eno||Thursday Afternoon (File, AAC, Album, RE, RM, 256)||Virgin||none||Unknown|