Anthony Phillips - Wise After The Event download mp3 album
Album by Anthony Phillips. We're All as We Lie. Birdsong and Reprise. Wise After the Event. Now What (Are They Doing to My Little Friends?) Squirrel CD extra track. MusicBrainz: Wise After the Event. this site: Wise After the Event.
Wise After the Event. Progressive Rock Anthony Phillips. Liste der Bands Progressive Rock Anthony Phillips Wise After the Event. Bearbeite die Lyrics. 4.
Sides is the fourth studio album by English musician and composer Anthony Phillips. It was released in April 1979 by Arista Records in the United Kingdom and in June 1979 on Passport Records in the United States. After completing Private Parts & Pieces (1978), an album of home recordings that Phillips had recorded years before but remained unreleased, Phillips returned to making a commercial record.
Other Versions (5 of 29) View All. Cat.
Download MP3. Anthony Phillips. Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Tony Banks, Against All Odds, Mike Rutherford, Anthony Phillips.
After leaving Genesis, Phillips studied classical music (especially classical guitar) and made recordings in collaboration with Harry Williamson, Mike Rutherford and Phil Collins, among others. He played the keyboards on the demos for Peter Gabriel in 1976. His first solo album, The Geese & the Ghost, was issued in 1977. He released his second album, Wise After the Event, in 1978. This was followed the next year by Sides. Both of these albums were produced by Rupert Hine and were intended to reach a mainstream audience, though neither album was successful in that regard
Anthony Phillips & Andrew Skeet - Seventh Heaven (Esoteric) ★★★★ "Widely respected former Genesis alumnus Anthony Phillips continues to create magical moments of seductive music as this expanded re-release testifies. Forty years on from its original release, Ant looks back at his second solo album Wise After The Event Anthony Phillips.
Produced by Rupert Hine, Wise After the Event was Anthony's second solo album and was a superb blend of instrumental music and songs. The record saw Anthony supported by an able cast of musicians that included Mike Giles and Mel Collins (King Crimson) and John G. Perry (Caravan, Quantum Jump). I am so glad that Anthony sang this album himself. With no disrespect to the former singers on "Geese," Ant's voice folds into the music as was intended.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-1||We're All As We Lie
Soprano Saxophone – Mel Collins
|1-2||Birdsong And Reprise
Flute – Mel CollinsSynthesizer – Perkin Alanbeck
|1-4||Wise After The Event||10:28|
Conductor – Gilbert BiberianEngineer – Steve Taylor*
Drums, Bass – Humbert Ruse, Vic StenchKeyboards, Written-By – Jeremy GilbertWritten-By – Anthony Phillips
|1-9||Now What (Are They Doing To My Little Friends)
Harp – Jeremy Gilbert
|2-1||We're All As We Lie (Link) (Romany's Aria Forwards)||1:23|
|2-2||Sleeping On An Interstellar Plane (Greenhouse Demo)||3:04|
|2-3||Paperchase (Instrumental Demo)||5:31|
|2-4||Birdsong (Instrumental Demo)||5:33|
|2-5||Moonshooter (Cottage Tapes Demo)||5:37|
|2-6||We're All As We Lie (Cottage Tapes Demo)||3:53|
|2-7||Pulling Faces (Cottage Tapes Demo)||4:29|
|2-8||Squirrel (Instrumental Mix)||4:28|
|2-9||Wise After The Event (Instrumental Mix)||8:54|
|2-10||Magic Garden (Solo Piano Mix)||1:55|
|2-11||We're All As We Lie (7" Single Version)||3:49|
|2-12||Regrets (Piano Mix)||6:00|
|2-13||Chinaman (Basic Guitar)||4:30|
|2-14||Now What (Are They Doing To My Little Friends)? (Instrumental Mix)||8:14|
- Recorded At – Essex Studios
- Recorded At – Farmyard Studios
- Recorded At – Trident Studios
- Recorded At – Send Barns Studios
- Recorded At – The Cottage Studio
- Mixed At – Trident Studios
- Mastered At – Trident Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Remastered At – Super Audio Mastering
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Voiceprint
- Copyright (c) – Voiceprint
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Made By – Sony DADC UK Ltd.
- Arranged By [Orchestra Arranged By] – A.P.*
- Arranged By [Orchestra Assembled By] – David Katz
- Artwork – Peter Cross
- Bass [Wal Custom] – John G. Perry
- Drums – Michael Giles
- Engineer [Essex Studios] – Rochard "Papercup" Austen*
- Engineer [Manor Mobile], Other [Twowood] – Alan Perkins
- Guitar, Keyboards, Other [Sundries] – The Vicar
- Handclaps [Claps], Performer [Clicks, Crampons] – Rodent Rabble
- Mastered By [Sterling Sound] – George Marino
- Mastered By [Trident Studios] – Ray Staff
- Mixed By – Peter Kelsey
- Producer, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Rupert Hine
- Remastered By – Simon Heyworth
- Vocals, Harmonica, Written-By – Anthony Phillips
NotesRecorded January, August, October to December 1977.
Track 1-7 published by EMI Music Publishing Ltd / Hit & Run Music Ltd
℗ & © Voiceprint 2008
Made in England
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 04388 32842 0
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): Sony DADC VP433CDCDONE 01
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): Sony DADC VP433CDCDTWO 01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LY33
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AEW41
|SPART 1063||Anthony Phillips||Wise After The Event (LP, Album, Gat)||Arista||SPART 1063||UK||1978|
|9167-9828||Anthony Phillips||Wise After The Event (LP, Album)||Passport Records, GRT Of Canada Ltd.||9167-9828||Canada||1978|
|PB 9828||Anthony Phillips||Wise After The Event (LP, Album, Ter)||Passport Records||PB 9828||US||1978|
|PB 9828||Anthony Phillips||Wise After The Event (LP, Album, Gat)||Passport Records||PB 9828||US||1978|
|RJ-7392, 9124 361||Anthony Phillips||Wise After The Event (LP, Album, Gat)||Vertigo, Vertigo||RJ-7392, 9124 361||Japan||1978|