Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns - In The Fishtank download mp3 album
In the Fishtank 10 is a 2003 EP by Motorpsycho and Jaga Jazzist Horns, recorded in 2002 during their European tour and released via the Konkurrent label in 2003. Motorpsycho did a handful gigs together with the horn section of Jaga Jazzist and used to opportunity to record their addition to the Fishtank series. The style differs heavily from both Motorpsycho and Jaga Jazzist records, consisting of mainly jazz fusion.
In the Fishtank is an ongoing project of Konkurrent, an independent music distributor in the Netherlands. In this project, Konkurrent invites one or two bands to record and gives them two days studio time. The first four albums were recorded by individual bands, but eight of the last ten releases were the result of two bands (three in one case) teaming up to record. The Ex is so far the only band to appear on more than one album in the series. In the Fishtank 1 – Nomeansno. In the Fishtank 2 – Guv'ner.
Unlicensed reissue of the original In The Fishtank release (Catalog FISH 10 CD). CD package: Jewel case with 4-page booklet. 코드 및 기타 식별자. Matrix, Runout: ZZ-03/02GP0000930. 른 버전(5개 중5개) 모두 보기. 카탈로그 번호. 아티스트.
I think the name "Jaga Jazzist Horns" would to be at the first place because their influence is more significant here. Jazz music outweights rock, especially in instrumental songs. All musicians here are technically perfect of course and emphasizing any member of this project would be useless. Connection between both sides, Motorpsycho and Jaga Jazzist is very strong. Fruit of their endeavour takes greatly compact effect. I like this album because I like jazz, I like heavy rock sound like Motorpsycho and I like fusion sometimes.
Bombay Brassière, 05:57. Pills, Powders and Passion Plays, 07:05. Theme De Yoyo, 07:28. Kansas Dust In the Wind. Radio Monte Carlo Gold Collection. The Weeknd Can't Feel My Face.
They collaborated and created a fantastic jazzy album in just 2 days. In the Fishtank is, in theory, a terrible idea. Let’s take two or more low-profile, usually post rock related artists, and put them together in a studio. But to only give them two days and then put out whatever they record, no matter how much it sucks" That is the tragic flaw of the Fishtank series.
The Jaga Jazzist horns have tagged along on a few Motorpsycho tours and done session work on their records, but In the Fishtank is their first real two-way collaboration. On the Mingus-referencing "Doffen Ah Um", a typically knotty Jazzist instrumental rubs against Motorpsycho's rock drums and grungy rhythm guitar; the soft psych-folk song "Pills, Powders and Passion Play" gets an extended instrumental break, highlighted by Mathias Eick's muted trumpet. These horn players are so identified by their tight ensemble work that it's a revelation to hear them play.
|2||Pills, Powders And Passion Plays||7:05|
|3||Doffen Ah Um||4:57|
|4||Theme De Yoyo||7:28|
- Recorded At – E-Sound Studio
- Produced At – Loud
- Mixed At – Loud
- Glass Mastered At – Sony DADC – A0100470434-0101
- Arranged By – Slagsvold*, Sæther*, Ryan*, Gebhardt*, Munkeby*, Horntveth*, Eick*
- Artwork – Isabelle Vigier
- Bass, Guitar, Piano [Prepared], Synthesizer [Solina String Ensemble], Percussion, Vocals – Bent Sæther
- Drums, Percussion – Håkon Gebhardt
- Engineer – David Klooker
- Flute, Tenor Saxophone, Clarinet, Marimba, Percussion, Vocals – Jørgen Munkeby
- Grand Piano, Clavinet [Clavinette], Synthesizer [Nord Electro], Vocals – Baard Slagsvold
- Guitar [Guitars], Bass – Hans Magnus Ryan
- Other [Advised By] – Pieter Kloos
- Producer, Mixed By – Zlaya Hadzich
- Producer, Written-By – Jaga Jazzist, Motorpsycho
- Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Marimba, Vibraphone, Percussion, Vocals – Lars Horntveth
- Trumpet, Marimba, Percussion, Vocals – Mathias Eick
NotesRecorded in August 2002 at E-Sound in Weesp NL
Produced and mixed at Loud in Amsterdam NL
Cat. # appearance:
10 [on spine & CD].
FISH 10 [last page on insert, bottom right corner].
FISH010CD [does not appear on the release, but is sourced from the Konkurrent product page.]
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 718752038423
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): Sony DADC A0100470434-0101 25 A 2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): Sony DADC A0100470434-0101 25 A04
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): Sony DADC A0100470434-0101 11 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): Sony DADC A0100470434-0101 25 A0
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L555
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L555
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI L551
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI L555
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 94K2
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 24K5
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 94Y7
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 942C
- Label Code: LC 6110
- Rights Society: stemra
|FISH 10 CD||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns - In The Fishtank (CD, Album)||Konkurrent||FISH 10 CD||Canada||2002|
|FISH10||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns - In The Fishtank (12", RE, W/Lbl)||Konkurrent||FISH10||Netherlands||2013|
|FISH10||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns - In The Fishtank (12", RE)||Konkurrent||FISH10||Netherlands||2013|
|ZZ-03/02GP0000930||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns - In The Fishtank (CD, Album, Unofficial)||J SHP||ZZ-03/02GP0000930||Russia||2003|
|FISH 10||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns||Motorpsycho + Jaga Jazzist Horns - In The Fishtank 10 (12")||Konkurrent||FISH 10||Netherlands||2002|