It was released on 9 March 2018 by PIAS Recordings. The album features a new studio recording of "No Sound but the Wind", a track previously released in a different version on the soundtrack to the film The Twilight Saga: New Moon in 2009 and as a subsequent live recording in 2010.
Few bands are fortunate enough to be able to twist and turn with their sound at will. Usually it boils down to the challenge of sustaining longevity, or having an audience willing enough to go along the musical journey in an open-minded fashion.
The Pulse (Bonus Track) 11. When We Were Angels (Bonus Track).
But then, they’ve always been a group in constant motion. While their second effort ‘An End Has A Start’ adopted a very similar blueprint, it broadened their horizons to paint them as a arena prospect.
There’s an odd plasticity that looms over Violence, as if we’re listening to a new Imagine Dragons or Coldplay album with a few little alterations (granted, it’s not nearly as bad as that new Imagine Dragons album), right down to the vocals taking quite a few cues from Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Keyboards [Additional Keyboards] – Edith Philips
|2|| Hallelujah (So Low)
Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Caesar EdmundsMixed By – Alan Moulder
|4||Darkness At The Door||4:26|
|7||No Sound But The Wind||4:27|
Violin – Emma Smith
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Editors
- Copyright (c) – Editors
- Licensed To – Play It Again
- Recorded At – Glasshouse Oxford
- Recorded At – Livingston Studios
- Recorded At – Lynchmob Studios
- Recorded At – Monnow Valley Studios
- Mixed At – Decoy Studios
- Mastered At – Alchemy Mastering
- Pressed By – Sony DADC – A0102980734-0101
- Engineer – Justin Lockey, Max Heyes (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Engineer [Assistant At Livingston I] – Billy Halliday, Tom Archer
- Engineer [Assistant At Monnow Valley] – Edith Philips, Ewan Vickery, Matt Glasbey
- Mastered By – Matt Colton
- Mixed By – Cenzo Townshend (tracks: 1, 3 to 9)
- Performer [All Music Played By] – Editors
- Photography By [Concept Photography], Artwork, Design – Rahi Rezvani
- Producer – Editors, Leo Abrahams (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Producer [Additional Production] – Benjamin John Power (tracks: 1 to 6, 8)
- Songwriter [All Songs Written By] – Lay*, Williams*, Lockey*, Leetch*, Smith*
- Synth [Additional Synths], Programmed By [Programming] – Leo Abrahams
Notes(P) & © 2018 Editors under exclusive license to Play It Again Sam.
Made in the EU.
Recorded at Glasshouse Oxford, Livingston I, Lynchmob and Monnow Valley.
Released in a standard clear jewel case with 12 page staple bound booklet insert of lyrics, credits and artwork.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5414940007923
- Barcode (Text): 5 414940 007923 >
- Label Code: LC07800
- Rights Society: Sabam/Biem
- Matrix / Runout: A0102980734-0101 18 A01 IFPI L558 Sony DADC
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L558
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94W7
|PIASR1020LPX||Editors||Violence (LP, Album, Dlx, Ltd, Gat)||Play It Again Sam [PIAS]||PIASR1020LPX||Europe||2018|
|PIASR1020CD||Editors||Violence (CD, Album)||Play It Again Sam, [PIAS]||PIASR1020CD||Russia||2018|
|SLCD1804||Editors||Violence (CD, Album)||Play It Again Sam||SLCD1804||South Africa||2018|
|PIASR1020CDP||Editors||Violence (CDr, Album, Copy Prot., Promo, Wat)||Play It Again Sam [PIAS]||PIASR1020CDP||Europe||2018|
|PIASR1020LP||Editors||Violence (LP, Album, 180)||Play It Again Sam [PIAS]||PIASR1020LP||Europe||2018|