Orchestral Manœuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality download mp3 album
For their debut album, see Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (album). Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. Co-founders Andy McCluskey and Paul Humphreys in 2011. Background information. The band achieved broader recognition via their album Architecture & Morality (1981) and its three singles, all of which were international hits. Although retrospectively reappraised, the experimental Dazzle Ships (1983) eroded European support. The band embraced a more straightforward pop sound on Junk Culture (1984), while continuing to experiment via newly acquired digital samplers; this change in direction led to greater success in the United States, and yielded the 1986 hit, "If You Leave".
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is the self-titled debut album by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, released in 1980. It peaked at number 27 in the UK Albums Chart. Electricity" and "Red Frame/White Light" were low charting singles taken from the record.
If there was a clear high point for OMD in terms of balancing relentless experimentation and seemingly unstoppable mainstream success in the . Architecture & Morality is it. Again combining everything from design and presentation to even the title into an overall artistic effort, this album showed that OMD was arguably the first Liverpool band since the later Beatles to make such a sweeping, all-bases-covered achievement - more so because OMD owed nothing to the Fab Four. All it takes is a consideration of the three smash singles from the album to see the group in full flower.
Architecture & Morality & More by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Architecture & Morality, Dazzle Ships – Live at the Royal Albert Hall by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. com/master/30428 This third album from the bruised nucleus of bassist/singer Andy McCluskey and ics enthusiast Paul Humphreys is often regarded as their seminal work, not least because it achieved critical and commercial success: over three million sales and several top 10 hits. Its predecessor, Organisation, for all its sonic ambition, was overly challenging; and its follow-up Dazzle Ships lacked as many memorable songs.
OMD made a quick return to form, however, on their third album, 1981's Architecture & Morality. Shaking off the dread of their music engaging with the public while simultaneously weathering critical scrutiny, OMD shows a greater facility for pop melody, crafting songs of aching fragility rather than off-putting gloom.
Nom du groupe Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark. Nom de l'album Architecture & Morality. Date de parution 1981. Labels Virgin Records DinDisc. 6. Joan of Arc (Maid of Orleans). 7. Architecture & Morality. 9. The Beginning of the End. 03:44. Bonustracks (Re-Issue 2003, 2007).
|1||The New Stone Age||3:18|
|5||Joan Of Arc||3:46|
|6||Joan Of Arc (Maid Of Orleans)||4:11|
|7||Architecture & Morality||3:37|
|9||The Beginning & The End||3:44|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.
- Recorded At – The Gramophone Suite
- Recorded At – The Manor
- Mixed At – Mayfair Studios
- Engineer [Mix] – Brian Tench
- Engineer [Recording] – Howard Gray, Richard Manwaring
- Management [For Worldchief Ltd.] – G. Troeller*, S. Pippet*
- Producer – Mike Howlett (tracks: 3), Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, Richard Manwaring (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 9)
- Saxophone – Martin Cooper
- Synthesizer [Bass Synthesizer], Percussion [Acoustic And Electronic Percussion], Drums – Malcolm Holmes
- Synthesizer, Mellotron, Guitar, Bass, Programmed By [Rhythm Programming], Percussion [Acoustic And Electronic Percussion], Horn [Reed Horns], Organ, Vocals – Andrew McCluskey*
- Synthesizer, Piano, Mellotron, Percussion [Acoustic And Electronic Percussion], Organ, Programmed By [Rhythm Programming], Effects [Radios], Melodica, Vocals – Paul Humphreys
- Synthesizer, Piano, Organ [Electronic Organ] – Michael Douglas
NotesPre-recorded at The Gramophone Suite, Liverpool
Recorded at The Manor. Mixed at Mayfair Studios.
Title suggested by M. Ladly from a book by David Watkin.
This album was produced and created for White Noise Ltd. and on behalf of Architettura Industria CDID12
℗ 1981 Virgin Records Ltd. © 1983 Virgin records Ltd.
Published by Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.
Manufactured in the U.K. [on booklet]
Made in U.K. [on CD]
Catalog number "CDID12" on spine and inlay, "CDID 12" on disc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5012981121129
- Matrix / Runout: CDID12 100311 01%
|DID12, Did 12||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (LP, Album, Yel)||Dindisc, Dindisc||DID12, Did 12||UK||1981|
|DIDCD 12||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (CD, Album)||Dindisc||DIDCD 12||UK||1983|
|none||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (Box + CD)||EMI Music Greece||none||Greece||2007|
|ARE 37721||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (LP, Album, Ter)||Epic||ARE 37721||US||1981|
|72435-82750-2-5||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (CD, Album, RM)||Virgin||72435-82750-2-5||US||2003|