La Varieté by Weekend. Format – mp3. Download album for free and listen online on Myzcloud. Weekend - La Varieté (1982). Released in UK on Rough Trade.
Weekend – La Varieté. Label: Cherry Red – CDM RED 301. Format: CD, Album, Reissue. La Varieté the French term for popular radio, everything that's not heavy rock; music drawing on diversity and depth. This album is a meeting of songs and improvisations created with other weekenders. Tracks 1-12 mixed and recorded during July - August 1982 at Power Plant Studio Willesden.
Tracklist: 1. The End Of The Affair, 2. Weekend Stroll, 3. Summerdays, 4. Carnival Headache, 5. Drum Beat For Baby, 6. A Life In The Day Of (Part 1), 7. A Life In The Day Of (Part 2), 8. Sleepy Theory, 9. Woman’s Eyes, 10. Weekend Off, 11. Red Planes, 12. Nostalgia. 1. The End Of The Affair. 4. Carnival Headache.
Is La Varieté the best album by Weekend (UK)? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. La Varieté by Weekend (UK) (1982) Overall rank: 22,478th. Accolades: Top albums of 1982 (341st). Top albums of the 1980s (3,086th). Best albums of all time (22,478th).
1 & 2" is a stab at African high life, and "Nostalgia" minus the vocals could be one of U2's early instrumental B-sides. In short, the album is nothing like what you would expect from former Young Marble Giants vocalist Alison Statton, excepting the song "Drum Beat for Baby," which mimics the unique sound of her previous band
|1||The End Of The Affair||3:05|
|5||Drum Beat For Baby||2:57|
|6||Life In The Day Of Part 1||3:49|
|7||Life In The Day Of Part 2||2:23|
|13||Red Planes (Demo)||8:58|
|16||A View From Her Room (12 Inch Version)||8:11|
|17||Leaves Of Spring||2:40|
|18||Past Meets Present||3:38|
|20||Drum Beat For Baby (12 Inch Version)||4:17|
- Recorded At – Power Plant Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rough Trade
- Copyright (c) – Cherry Red Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Pinnacle
- Manufactured By – GZ Digital Media – S72912
- Arranged By – Robbin Millar*, Weekend
- Arranged By [Strings] – Spike
- Arranged By [Strings], Double Bass, Violin – Dave Harwood
- Baritone Saxophone – Olaf Vaz* (tracks: 16, 17)
- Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Larry Stabbins
- Bass – Philip Moxham (tracks: 3, 4, 10, 15)
- Drums – Roy Dodd
- Flugelhorn – Harry Beckett (tracks: 16, 17)
- Guitar – Simon Booth
- Guitar, Viola – Spike
- Percussion – Dawson Millar*
- Producer – Robin Millar
- Producer, Arranged By – Simon Jeffes (tracks: 18, 19)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Norman Mighell
- Recorded By, Mixed By [Assitant] – Chaz Harrowell*
- Trombone – Annie Whitehead (tracks: 4)
- Vocals, Bass Guitar – Alison Statton
- Written-By – Statton* (tracks: 1, 3, 5 to 11, 13, 15 to 20), Hodell* (tracks: 12, 14), Stabbins* (tracks: 2, 6, 7), Moxham* (tracks: 3, 15), Booth* (tracks: 1 to 3, 6, 7, 15 to 17), Spike (tracks: 1, 3, 5 to 7, 9 to 17, 20), Moxham* (tracks: 4)
NotesLa Varieté the French term for popular radio, everything that's not heavy rock; music drawing on diversity and depth. This album is a meeting of songs and improvisations created with other weekenders.
Tracks 1-12 mixed and recorded during July - August 1982 at Power Plant Studio Willesden.
℗ 1982-1984 Rough Trade © 2006 Cherry Red Records Ltd.
Made in the E.U.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 013929 130128
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LD02
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 5J36
- Matrix / Runout: GZ Digital Media (logo) S72912 CDMRED301
|ROUGH 39||Weekend||La Varieté (LP, Album)||Rough Trade||ROUGH 39||UK||1982|
|ROUGH 39||Weekend||La Varieté (LP, Album)||Rough Trade, Base Record||ROUGH 39||Italy||1982|
|XM5S-39||Weekend||La Varieté (Cass, Album)||Sire||XM5S-39||Canada||1983|
|43029l||Weekend||La Varieté (LP, Album)||Nuevos Medios||43029l||Spain||1982|
|ROUGH 39, VR 22405||Weekend||La Varieté (LP, Album)||Rough Trade, Boudisque||ROUGH 39, VR 22405||Netherlands||1982|