Bob Marley & The Wailers - Selassie Is The Chapel download mp3 album
The Complete Bob Marley & the Wailers 1967–1972 is a series of compilation albums by Bob Marley and the Wailers released in eleven volumes by JAD Records between 1997 and 2002. Released in 1998–2003, this 220-track series revealed over one hundred rare Bob Marley & the Wailers recordings to the world, including major songs like "Selassie Is the Chapel", and many of them previously unreleased, such as "Rock to the Rock".
The Complete Bob Marley & The Wailers 1967 To 1972 – Volume 2. Format: CD, Compilation. Selassie Is The Chapel. 1. Don't Rock My Boat (Original, Later Known As "Satisfy My Soul"). 2. The Lord Will Make A Way. Written-By – Traditional.
other tracks: Bob Marley & The Wailers. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Bob Marley & The Wailers Stir It Up. 05:34. 03:39. Bob Marley & The Wailers Stir It Up (Ziggy Marley Remix). Bob Marley & The Wailers Stir It UpThe Masters Collection. Bob Marley & The Wailers Stir It Up (OST Marley). 03:38. 01:25.
This double CD contains some of the best roots reggae recorded in 1996-2008. It includes most of the output by Human Race Records, a small Jamaican vinyl label run by French singer songwriter, guitar player and reggae authority Bruno Blum, dubbed Doc Reggae by Clement "Coxsone" Dodd himself
Full title - Selassie Is The Chapel - The Complete Bob Marley & The Wailers 1967-1972 Vol. 1997 compilation featuring 17 tracks, remastered, including rare, previously unreleased titles, mixes & versions. Disc: 1. Dont Rock My Boat (Original Later Known As Satisfy My Soul). 3. Chances Are (Original). 4. This album has a couple of gems mixed with some rarer older stuff for hard core fans of the wailers.
More albums from Bob Marley feat. She's Gone (Kaya 40 Mix). Live In the Studio - The Record Plant Sausalito CA USA 1973.
The Wailers would take it on in 1968, totally reinventing the piece as a Rastafarian prayer. Overseen by Mortimer Planno, a circle of nyabinghi drummers provided the rhythm, Peter Tosh the guitar and harmonies alongside Rita Marley and Constantine "Dream" Walker, while Bob Marley offers up the devotional lead. Unfortunately, only a couple of dozen copies of the single were cut, which made "Selassie Is the Chapel" by far the most sought after of The Wailers' recordings. A single far ahead of its time, Jamaica was not yet ready for such a defiantly Rastafarian psalm
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Selassie Is The Chapel|
|1||Don't Rock My Boat (Original, Later Known As "Satisfy My Soul")*||2:32|
|2||The Lord Will Make A Way*
Written-By – Traditional
|3||Chances Are* (Original)||3:19|
|4||Selassie Is The Chapel*
Lyrics By [Adapted By] – Mortimer PlannoWritten-By – Artie Glenn
Written-By – Neville Livingston
|6||Feel Alright* (Original)||2:31|
|8||Rocking Steady* (Original)||1:49|
|9||Adam And Eve
Written-By – Llewelyn Graham
|11||This Train (Alternate)
Written-By – Traditional
|12||Thank You Lord* (Alternate)||3:20|
|13||Give Me A Ticket* (Original)
Written-By – Thompson Wayne Carson*
|14||Trouble On The Road Again*||2:32|
|15||Black Progress* (Medley : Black Progress / (Say It Loud) I'm Black And I'm Proud||2:30|
|16||Black Progress (Version)*||2:37|
|17||Tread Oh (Version)*||2:25|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – D.A.D International Licensing Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – D.A.D International Licensing Ltd.
- Distributed By – EMI Music France
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Backing Vocals – Bob Marley, Cecilie Campbell, Constantine ''Vision'' Walker*, Hortense Lewis, Joe Sarkey, Peter Tosh, Rita Marley
- Baritone Saxophone – "Ska" Campbell*
- Bass – Aston "Family Man" Barrett, Jackie Jackson , Lloyd Brevett
- Compiled By – Roger Steffens
- Compiled By, Producer [Digital Restoration & Mastering] – Bruno Blum
- Drums – Carlton Barrett, Hugh Malcolm
- Engineer – Barry Biggs, Buddy Davidson, Errol Thompson
- Engineer [Digital Restoration & Mastering] – Christophe Fuchs (tracks: 14), Didier Marc (tracks: 14), Ron Hill (tracks: 1 to 13, 15 to 17), Terry Burch (tracks: 1 to 13, 15 to 17)
- Executive Producer – Danny Sims, David Simmons
- Guitar – Alva "Reggie" Lewis, Bob Marley, Hux Brown, Peter Tosh
- Keyboards – Bunny Wailer, Gladstone Anderstone*, Glen Adams, Peter Tosh, Winston Wright
- Lead Vocals – Bob Marley (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 12, 14 to 17,), Bunny Wailer (tracks: 5), Peter Tosh (tracks: 13)
- Percussion – "Teego", Alvin "Seeco" Patterson, Bunny Wailer, Jeremiah , Larry McDonald, Ras Michael
- Producer – Arthur Jenkins (tracks: 8), Danny Sims (tracks: 8), Johnny Nash (tracks: 8), Mortimer Planno (tracks: 4), Ted Pouder* (tracks: 9 to 12), The Wailers (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 13 to 17)
- Tenor Saxophone – Roland Alphonso
Notes* Previously unreleased outside of Jamaica.
All tracks are original mixes, no added production.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 0724349423329
- Barcode (Printed): 0 724349 423329 >
- Other (Distribution Code): 494233 2
- Other (Distribution Code): PM 569
|FF 1266-2||Bob Marley & The Wailers||Selassie Is The Chapel (CD, Comp)||Fiftyfive Records, BMG France||FF 1266-2||France||1998|