Petitioning the Empty Sky is an album by American metalcore band Converge. While many sources catalog the release as a studio album, the band considers this a compilation album as it's a collection of songs recorded at different times. While tracklists differ between releases, this album features studio recorded tracks along with live recordings of three songs. Petitioning the Empty Sky was released and distributed through several different labels beginning in the mid 90s.
Converge - Petitioning The Empty Sky (1996). Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
Petitioning the Empty Sky is an album by American metalcore band Converge. Petitioning the Empty Sky. Studio album by. Converge.
Is Petitioning The Empty Sky the best album by Converge? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. CONVERGE Petitioning the Empty Sky. SEALED hardcore punk with bonus tracks! Condition: Brand New. Time left: 14h 49m 25s. Ships to: Worldwide. Converge - Petitioning The Empty Sky (CD Used Very Good) Condition: Very Good. Time left: 2d 12h 22m 27s.
Their second true full-length release, Petitioning The Empty Sky, defined metalcore and heavy music to come way back in 1996, and is thought by some to be their best release to this day. Petitioning begins with "The Saddest Day", which is appropriately the best song on the album and arguably the greatest song Converge have ever done. If you must listen to a Converge song, listen to this one, because they don't come any better. Amazing breakdown, awesome vocals, killer riffs.
|A1||The Saddest Day|
|A6||Buried But Breathing|
|B1||Farewell Note To This City|
|B2||Color Me Blood Red|
|B3||For You / Antithesis (Live)|
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-36842
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-36843
- Recorded At – Savage Daze
- Recorded At – West Sound Studio, Londonderry, NH
- Mastered At – Max Trax
- Mastered At – Greg Lee Processing – L-49590
- Band – Aaron*, Damon*, Jake*, Kurt*, Steve*
- Bass – Jeff Feinburg*
- Painting [All Paintings By:] – Aaron Turner
- Photography By [Cover Video Still By:] – Mark Lickosky
- Photography By [Live Photography By:] – Patrick Santini
- Photography By [TV Stills By:], Design – J. Bannon*
- Recorded By – Mike West (tracks: A6 to B2)
- Recorded By, Engineer – Brian Mcternan (tracks: A1 to A5)
NotesThe release contains a lyric sheet.
Tracks A1 to A5 recorded @ "Savage Daze" October 1995.
Tracks A6 to B2 recorded @ West Sound February 1996.
Track B3 (not listed on the release) was recorded live at WJUL on the air August 1995.
Mastered @ Max Trax.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Etchrd runout side A): EVR 040 - A S-36842 L-49590
- Matrix / Runout (Etchrd runout side B): EVR 040 - B S-36843 L-49590X
|004||Converge||Petitioning The Empty Sky (CD)||Ferret Music||004||US||1996|
|EVR 40||Converge||Petitioning The Empty Sky (LP, Gol)||Equal Vision Records||EVR 40||US||1998|
|EVR40||Converge||Petitioning The Empty Sky (CD, Album)||Equal Vision Records||EVR40||US||1998|
|EVR109||Converge||Petitioning The Empty Sky (CD, Album, Enh, RE)||Equal Vision Records||EVR109||US||2005|
|EVR 40||Converge||Petitioning The Empty Sky (Cass, Album)||Equal Vision Records||EVR 40||US||1998|