Released November 1989. This is the first live album and his first work from the band Primus. About Suck on This 2 contributors. 1. Bathory Bathroom 188.
Suck On This (Cass, Album). Caroline Records, Caroline Records. CAROL MC 1620, CAROL 1620-4. You can hear the crowd, but it really isn't a big crowd, the recording is very intimate and the feedback from the crowd as well as the interaction from Primus create a sort of bond with the band that you don't get on their other albums. If you enjoy Les Claypool and Primus, there is no reason to avoid this excellent album.
Prawn Song Records is an independent record label owned by Les Claypool of Primus Prawn Song is based in San Francisco, California, and distribution is handled by RED Distribution in the United States and Essential Music & Marketing in Europe. The label was created in 1989 for the initial limited release of the Primus live album Suck On This. The band borrowed three thousand dollars from Claypool's father to fund the release and pressed one thousand vinyl copies of the record. The album was later licensed to independent record label Caroline Records in 1990 for its second pressing, the same label that released the Frizzle Fry album the same year. Primus then signed to Interscope Records
Primus - Suck on This - Primus CD 9AVG The Fast Free Shipping. Suck on This is the first release from funky art rockers ( for lack of a better name) Primus. Suck on This is a live recording mainly with songs which would be on their debut album Frizzle Fry but some would re-surface on later albums too. The only song that only appears on this album is Jellikit. The album was released in 1989
Cassette - Caroline Distribution The first Primus album was actually a fairly canny way for the band to get itself recorded - like a number of other acts from the late '80s and after, the trio decided to simply record a couple of live shows for its debut.
Frizzle Fry. Groundhog's Day. Harold of the Rocks.
Album Name Suck on This.
Primus’s third album, Sailing the Seas of Cheese, just hit the 200,000 mark in sales, and the group recently sold out the Palace in . And for all the self-deprecation, all three band members boast staggering chops. Larry LaLonde, a student of Joe Satriani’s for three years, makes his guitar sing at high velocity, squall uncontrollably or peal out perplexing dissonances; Tim Alexander’s crisp, tricky drumming – full of mighty double-bass-drum bursts and startling syncopations from all corners of his mammoth kit – recalls art-rock maestro Bill Bruford. Backstage after the show, Claypool’s proud dad, sporting a Primus T-shirt that says Suck on This, has an even more questionable sartorial sense. He wouldn’t wear some pants I got for him because they were too wild, the elder Claypool says.
|A1||John The Fisherman||3:54|
|B1||Tommy The Cat||5:26|
|B3||Harold Of The Rocks||6:15|
- Manufactured By – EastWest Records America
- Distributed By – EastWest Records America
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Interscope Records
- Copyright (c) – Interscope Records
- Made By – Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
- Recorded At – Berkeley Square
- Edited At – Mobius Music
- Artwork [Sculpture] – Lance "Link" Montoya
- Bass, Vocals – Les Claypool
- Composed By [All Compositions By] – Primus
- Crew [Primus Crew], Engineer [Sound] – Lauren Miller
- Crew [Primus Crew], Other [Cows] – Trouz Trouz*
- Crew [Primus Crew], Other [Guitar And Bass Amp Modification] – Gomad
- Crew [Primus Crew], Other [Merchandise] – Rock Cod, Ziva & Nanina
- Crew [Primus Crew], Other [Stage] – Leroy , Tim "Soya"*
- Design [Jacket Design] – Paul Haggard
- Drums – Tim Alexander*
- Edited By – Howard Johnston
- Guitar – Larry LaLonde
- Management – David Lefkowitz Management
- Photography By [Back Photos] – Josh Ray
- Photography By [Front Photo] – Paul Haggard
- Producer – Bob Cock, Matt Winegar
- Recorded By – Matt Winegar
- Written-By [Guitar Melodies Written By] – Todd Huth (tracks: A1, A2, A5 to B4)
Recorded live at The Berkeley Square on 2/25/89 and 3/5/89.
Recorded […] on Fungo Mungo mobile 8-track.
Edited […] at Mobius.
℗© 1990 Interscope Records.
Made in Germany by […]
℗ + © 1990 Interscope Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 7567-91833-1 6
- Barcode (Scanned): 075679183316
- Other (Distribution code): Ⓤ
- Other (Distribution code France): CA 319
- Rights Society: GEMA / BIEM
- Label Code: LC 6406
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A): WMME Alsdorf 756 791833-1-A 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B): WMME Alsdorf 756 791833-1-B 2 Hü
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped): WMME Alsdorf 756 791833-1-A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched lightly): 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped): WMME Alsdorf 756 791833-1-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched lightly): 2 Hü
|RED 22||Primus||Suck On This (LP, Album)||Prawn Song||RED 22||US||1989|
|CAROL 1620||Primus||Suck On This (LP, Album, RE, Gre)||Caroline Records||CAROL 1620||US||1990|
|CAROL CD 1620||Primus||Suck On This (CD, Album)||Caroline Records||CAROL CD 1620||US||1990|
|none||Primus||Suck On This (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label||none||Russia||Unknown|
|MG2314||Primus||Suck On This Live 89 (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||MG Records||MG2314||Poland||1992|