Label variation from other US versions: Group named, printed here - like on sleeve - as "Ron Banks And The Dramatics". 른 버전(13개 중5개) 모두 보기. 카탈로그 번호.
The Dramatic Jackpot - Студийный альбом от The Dramatics. В альбом вошло 20 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 01:22:34. Ron Banks & The Dramatics ~ A Thousand Shades Of Blue 1975. Dramatics - She's a rainmaker. The Dramatics 'A Thousand Shades of Blue'.
the dramatic jackpot LP. The Dramatics Format: Vinyl. The Dramatic Jackpot. For much of my life I only knew of the Dramatics for two things-the singer/producer LJ Reynolds and and the song "Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get". But this is the only full album I have by the non Motown vocal group group from Detroit. JACKPOT, took it to my to my room, put it on the turntable and listened for over four hours. The next thing you know the MPs was at the door telling me to turn the music down, I did a little bit.
The Dramatic Jackpot (1975). Me Myself and I by Ron Banks and The Dramatics. was sampled in. All by Myself by Cassidy (2007). Never Let You Go by Ron Banks and The Dramatics. Harmony Hall by Mighty Ethnicz (1990). Vi Har Fånken by Hvid Sjokolade (1996). Col' Hearted Muthafucka' by New Breed of Hustlas (1993). I Cried All the Way Home by Ron Banks and The Dramatics. Steady Slangin (Project Mix) by Poor Righteous Teachers (2005).
About The Dramatic Jackpot. A satisfying Dramatics collection that includes their revised, campy version of Me and Mrs. Jones, which had remained a staple of their live shows. A good balance of fast and slow tunes helps make this album a winner
The Dramatics signed to Stax-Volt Records in 1968. However, the group did not break through until their 1971 single, "Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get," which broke into the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at Their first million selling disc "Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get" was awarded gold disc status by the .
A Tribute to Ron Banks and The Dramatics by Trakbuv. We at FMS are sorry to report the sad loss of Ron Banks on 4th March. He was one of the founding members of the incredible Dramatics formed back in 1962 in Detroit while still at Cleveland Jr High, and was recognised as the group leader. The Dramatics – 1974 – Dramatically Yours. To the albums, and their sophomore set, A Dramatic Experience is a beautiful time capsule of a band in transition. Half the songs feature William ‘WeeGee’ Howard and Elbert Wilkins, the other half their replacements, LJ Reynolds (from Chocolate Syrup) and Lenny Mayes. So essentially we have a septet of artists all vying for centre stage !! For me, Ron Banks really stands out on this platter as the pivotal peg for this revolving door. Conversation for album: The Dramatics – 1973 – A Dramatic Experience.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||(I'm Going By) The Stars In Your Eyes
Arranged By – Johnny AllenProducer – Don Davis Written-By – Tony Hester
|A2||Good Things Don't Come Easy
Arranged By – Melvin Griffin, Rudy RobinsonProducer – Don Davis Written-By – Gene Beene, Melvin Griffin
|A3||Trying To Get Over Losing You
Arranged By – Paul RiserProducer – Don Davis Written-By – C.R. Cason*
|A4||I Cried All The Way Home
Arranged By – Paul Riser, Wade MarcusProducer – Don Davis Written-By, Producer – Tony Hester
|A5||Never Let You Go
Arranged By – Johnny Allen, L.J. Reynolds*Producer – L.J. Reynolds*Written-By – L.J. Reynolds*, Ron Banks, Willie Ford
|B1||A Thousand Shades Of Blue
Arranged By – Paul Riser, Wade MarcusProducer – Don Davis Written-By – Tony Hester
|B2||Me Myself And I
Arranged By – Paul RiserProducer – Don Davis Saxophone, Soloist – Eli Fountain*Written-By – C.R. Cason*
|B3||I Dig Your Music
Arranged By – Jimmy RoachProducer – Don Davis Written-By – Jimmy Roach
|B4||Me And Mrs. Jones
Arranged By – Johnny Allen, L.J. Reynolds*, Ron BanksProducer – L.J. Reynolds*, Ron BanksWritten-By – Cary Gilbert, Kenny Gamble*, Leon Huff
|B5||How Do You Feel
Arranged By – Johnny AllenProducer – Ron BanksWritten-By – Paul Clark , Ron Banks
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Record Company – ABC Records, Inc.
- Published By – Groovesville Music
- Published By – Conquistador Music
- Published By – Assorted Music
- Bass – Eddie Watkins*, Michael Henderson, Paul Clark , Roderick (Peanut) Chandler*
- Congas [Congos] – Donnie Lewis, George Pedak, Zachery Shannon
- Design – Tim Bryant
- Drums – Al Thompson, Darrell Jenning*, Roger Hawkins, Uriel Jones, Zachery Frazier*
- Guitar – Donald Austin, Jesse Carr, Jim Johnson*, Marvin Marshall, Randall Grant, Robert White, Rodney Anderson
- Horns, Strings – The Detroit Fischer Theatre Horns And Strings*
- Illustration – Ed Scarisbrick
- Leader [Horns & Strings] – Carl Austin
- Percussion – Jack Ashford
- Photography By – Junebag Clark, Meteor Photographic
- Piano, Electric Piano, Keyboards – Barry Beckett, Earl Van Dyke, George Roundtree, Melvin Griffin, Rudy Robinson, William Wooten*
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Robert Pangborn
- Vocals [The Dramatics:] – L.J. Reynolds*, Larry "Squirrel" Demps*, Lenny Mayes, Ron Banks, Willie Ford
NotesColumbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman pressing denoted by "P" stamp in runouts (may be faint).
Label shows artists as "The Dramatics".
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): ABCD-867-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): ABCD-867-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched; P stamped): P ABCD-867-A ⑤
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched; P stamped): P ABCD-867-B ⑤ >
- Rights Society (A1, A2, A4 to B1, B3 to B5): BMI
- Rights Society (A3, B2): ASCAP
|ABCD-867||Ron Banks And The Dramatics||Ron Banks And The Dramatics - The Dramatic Jackpot (LP, Album, Promo, Gat)||ABC Records||ABCD-867||US||1975|
|SPOL-15.075||Ron Banks And The Dramatics||Ron Banks And The Dramatics - The Dramatic Jackpot (LP, Album)||Probe||SPOL-15.075||Brazil||1975|
|ABCL 5121||Ron Banks And The Dramatics||Ron Banks And The Dramatics - The Dramatic Jackpot (LP, Album, Gat)||ABC Records||ABCL 5121||UK||1975|
|MVCM-443||Ron Banks And The Dramatics||Ron Banks And The Dramatics - The Dramatic Jackpot (CD, Album, RE)||MCA Records||MVCM-443||Japan||1993|
|ABCD-867||Ron Banks And The Dramatics||Ron Banks And The Dramatics - The Dramatic Jackpot (LP, Album, Gat)||ABC Records||ABCD-867||US||1975|