Queensrÿche /ˈkwiːnzraɪk/ is an American heavy metal band. It formed in 1980 in Bellevue, Washington, out of the local band The Mob. The band has released 15 studio albums, one EP, and several DVDs, and continues to tour and record. The original lineup consisted of guitarists Michael Wilton and Chris DeGarmo, drummer Scott Rockenfield, bassist Eddie Jackson, and lead vocalist Geoff Tate.
Erscheinungsdatum 1999. Labels Atlantic Records. Musik GenreProgressive Heavy. Mitglieder die dieses Album besitzen117.
Although the mainstream left them behind after grunge, they never totally revamped their sound, in hopes of regaining a wide audience. They kept on with their ambitious, layered fusion of metal and prog rock, turning in albums that were distinctly different from each other yet tied together by a signature sound. Their decade-capping Q2K is no different.
Rustyn Rose of Metalholic recently conducted an interview with guitarist Michael Wilton of progressive metal veterans QUEENSRŸCHE about the band's new studio album, "The Verdict". You can listen to the entire chat below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH. On QUEENSRŸCHE still writing and recording new material well into their third decade as a band: Michael: "That's what we're doing in the band. We're keeping current. Obviously, we put out these records
1988 - Operation Mindcrime. 1994 - Promised Land. 1997 - Hear in the Now Frontier.
Unfortunately, the lack of nuances and weaker songwriting do bring this album down to a degree. There is still nothing bad on here and having a few less songs on here does make it feel more solid than Hear In The Now Frontier, but this is the first Queensryche album where the listeners spends more time looking for diamonds in the rough than enjoying a consistent release.
|4||When The Rain Comes...|
|5||How Could I?|
|10||Wot Kinda Man|
|11||The Right Side Of My Mind|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – MCA Records
- Manufactured By – Matsushita Universal Media Services
- Mixed At – London Bridge Studio
- Mastered At – Oasis Mastering
- Copyright (c) – Queensrÿche Publishing Co.
- Artwork [Cover], Concept By – Rory Berger
- Artwork [Inside] – Garrett Barati
- Composed By, Recorded By, Producer – Queensrÿche
- Legal [Representation] – Barry Slotnick
- Management – Ray Danniels for SRO*
- Mastered By – Eddy Schreyer
- Mixed By – John Plum, Kelly Gray
- Photography By [Band] – Hans Martin Issler*
NotesDisc has a different face design. All black with an 'X' centered in the middle with writing on the outer rim. Different catalog number ℗© 2000 MCA Records 088 1 1 2 398-2. See images
Same artwork as Q2k except this has a different cd label design with another catalog number.
Printed in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 075678322525
- Barcode (Text): 0 7567-83225-2 5
- Matrix / Runout: 0881123982RE1 0871419113 MFG BY MATSUSHITA UNIVERSAL MEDIA SERVICES
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L771
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 2A56
- Rights Society: BMI
|83225-2||Queensrÿche||Q2k (CD, Album)||Atlantic||83225-2||US||1999|
|AND 1093||Queensrÿche||Q2k (CD, Album)||Anthem Records||AND 1093||Canada||1999|
|none||Queensrÿche||Q2K (CDr, Album, Promo)||Atlantic, EastWest||none||Unknown|
|none||Queensrÿche||Q2k (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Atlantic||none||Russia||1999|
|7567-83225-2||Queensrÿche||Q2k (CD, Album)||Atlantic||7567-83225-2||Europe||1999|