The Oak Ridge Boys are an American country and gospel vocal quartet. The group was founded in the 1940s as the Oak Ridge Quartet. They became popular in southern gospel during the 1950s. Their name was changed to the Oak Ridge Boys in the early 1960s, and they remained a gospel group until the mid-1970s, when they changed their image and concentrated on country music.
Deliver (The Oak Ridge Boys album). Deliver is the ninth country studio album by The Oak Ridge Boys, released in 1983. It includes two singles: "Ozark Mountain Jubilee" and "I Guess It Never Hurts to Hurt Sometimes", the latter reaching number one on Billboard's Hot Country Songs. Ozark Mountain Jubilee" (Scott Anders, Roger Murrah) - 3:17. When You Get to the Heart" (Tony Brown, Wayland Holyfield, Norro Wilson) - 3:54.
Deliver (Cass, Album, ) MCA Records. I Guess It Never Hurts To Hurt Sometimes (CD, Album, RE). MCA Records.
Deliver is the ninth country studio album by The Oak Ridge Boys, released in 1983. Studio album by. The Oak Ridge Boys. Track listing - "Ozark Mountain Jubilee" (Scott. 1983 studio album by The Oak Ridge Boys.
By: The Oak Ridge Boys (1983, Folk, World, & Country). More albums from The Oak Ridge Boys: Together by The Oak Ridge Boys. it’s happening by The Oak Ridge Boys. Folk Minded Spirituals For Spiritual Minded Folk by The Oak Ridge Boys. Room Service by The Oak Ridge Boys. Heartbeat by The Oak Ridge Boys. Bobbie Sue by The Oak Ridge Boys. Old Fashioned, Down Home, Hand Clappin’, Foot Stompin, Southern Style, Gospel Quartet Music. by The Oak Ridge Boys. View all albums . Deliver. By: The Oak Ridge Boys (1983, Folk, World, & Country). 1. Ozark Mountain Jubilee.
1. Ozark Mountain Jubilee Lyrics. 2. When You Get To The Heart Lyrics.
1983 in music - Major releasesMichael Jackson s Thriller, the highest selling album of all time, as well as the best selling album of 1983 and 1984, was released in 1982 and began to have major chart success the following year. Their name was officially changed to the Oak Ridge Boys in the early 1960s, and they remained a gospel group until the mid-1970s, when they changed their image and concentrated on country music
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Ozark Mountain Jubilee
Written-By – Roger Murrah, Scott Anders
|A2||When You Get To The Heart
Written By – Tony BrownWritten-By – Norro Wilson, Wayland Holyfield
|A3||Alice In Wonderland
Written By – Brenda BarnettWritten-By – Charles Chalmers, Sandra Rhodes
|A4||Ain't No Cure For The Rock And Roll
Written By – Walter Carter
|A5||In The Pines
Written By – R. Sterban, W. GoldenWritten-By – J. Bonsall*, Ron Chancey
|B1||I Guess It Never Hurts To Hurt Sometimes
Written-By – Randy Vanwarmer
|B2||Through My Eyes
Written By – Doc James
|B3||Break My Mind
Written-By – John D. Loudermilk
|B4||Still Holding On
Written-By – Bob Corbin
|B5||Down Deep Inside
Written-By – Jimbeau Hinson, Michael Foster
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – MCA Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Woodland Studios
- Mixed At – Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Woodland Studios
- Mastered At – Woodland Studios
- Distributed By – MCA Records (Canada)
- Arranged By [Strings] – Bergen White
- Coordinator [Album] – Janet Butler
- Coordinator [Cover] – Kathy McClintock
- Design – Carl Barile, Ruth Ansel
- Engineer [Assistant] – Andy Benefield, Ken Corlew, Ken Criblez, Pete Greene, Tim Farmer
- Mastered By – Denny Purcell
- Other [Title Concept] – Earl Levy
- Photography By – Annie Leibovitz
- Producer – Ron Chancey
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Les Ladd
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout area side A): MCA-5455-A MCA-3667 WS-1 denny
- Matrix / Runout (Runout area side B): MCA-5455-B MCA-3670 WS-2 denny
- Barcode (Text): 0 76732-5455-1
|MCA-5455||The Oak Ridge Boys||Deliver (LP, Album, Pin)||MCA Records||MCA-5455||US||1983|
|MCAC-1446||Oak Ridge Boys*||Deliver (Cass, Album, )||MCA Records||MCAC-1446||US||1983|
|MCA-5455||The Oak Ridge Boys||Deliver (LP, Album)||MCA Records||MCA-5455||Canada||1983|
|MCAC-5455||The Oak Ridge Boys||Deliver (Cass, Album, Club, Dol)||MCA Records||MCAC-5455||Canada||1983|
|MCAD-20689||The Oak Ridge Boys||I Guess It Never Hurts To Hurt Sometimes (CD, Album, RE)||MCA Records||MCAD-20689||US||1992|