Sax Pax for a Sax was a collaboration between the London Saxophonic and the blind musician, composer, and performer Moondog. The album was recorded in 1994 and released on November 28, 1997. The album marks Moondog's re-emergence into the American jazz market. The album was well received by the public and in 1998 peaked at number 22 on the Billboard Albums
Nine saxophonists in all (from the London Saxophonic) pitch in on the disc, which also features some piano, folk-rock vet Danny Thompson on contra bass, several percussionists, piano, and occasional ensemble vocals; Moondog himself contributes bass drum, bongos, and (as a member of the ensemble) vocals throughout. In its swaying (at times even sing-along) melodicism, intricate arrangements, and light bounce, it's strongly reminiscent of his excellent 1969 Moondog album; in fact, "Bird's Lament" makes an appearance on both records.
kopf a division of roof-music distribution/im vertrieb von BMG Ariola/Aris 1994 roof music - kopf all songs published by roof-music/managarm. Digipak, includes 12 page booklet.
Shakespeare City - Moondog & The London Saxophonic - Sax Pax for a Sax, 1994. 20. EEC Suite - Hymn To Peace - Moondog & The London Saxophonic - Sax Pax for a Sax, 1994. Single Foot - Moondog & The London Saxophonic. Dog trot - Moondog & The London Saxophonic. Golden Fleece - Moondog.
Sax Pax for a Sax - Студийный альбом от Moondog, London Saxophonic. В альбом вошло 21 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 54:01. Present For The Prez.
Moondog & The London Saxophonic- Dog Trout. Moondog - Bug on a Floating Leaf. LION TIGER vs Giraffe? Extract Chords. Bird's Lament - Sax Sextet. Bird's Lament, Sax Pax For A Sax - Moondog.
Moondog & the london saxophonic – present for the prez. The London Saxophonic – Moondog announces Shakespeare City. Moondog & The London Saxophonic - Sax Pax for a Sax, 1994 – 6. Tout Suite 1 F dur - 2. Mov. 2:02. Moondog & The London Saxophonic – Bird s Lament.
Present for the Prez. for tenor saxophone, saxophone ensemble, pianos. 18. Shakespeare City, for chorus & saxophone ensemble.
|3||Bird's Lament (In Memory Charlie Parker)||2:02|
|Toot Suite No. 1 In F Major|
|8||D For Danny (Dedicated To Danny Thompson)||1:42|
|10||Sea Horse (Piano)||1:17|
|Novette No. 1 In D Flat Major|
|17||Present For The Prez (In Memory Lester Young)||2:35|
|20||Hymn To Peace||1:36|
- Distributed By – Indigo
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Roof Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Kopf
- Copyright (c) – Roof Music
- Copyright (c) – Kopf
- Recorded At – Michael Tippett Centre
- Mixed At – Terra Incognita
- Glass Mastered At – DADC Austria
- Published By – Roof Music
- Published By – Managarm
- Composed By, Lyrics By, Bass Drum, Bongos – Louis Hardin
- Contrabass – Danny Thompson
- Mixed By – Will Gregory
- Performer – Moondog , The London Saxophonic
- Piano – Liam Noble, Peter Blackwood
- Piano [Solos] – Nicola Meecham
- Recorded By – Glenn Tommey
- Recorded By, Mixed By – David Lord
- Saxophone – Andrew Scott*, Bradley Grant, Chris Caldwell, Gareth Brady, Jon Rebbeck, Rob Buckland, Simon Haram, Tim Redpath, Will Gregory
- Snare [Drum], Bongos – Paul Clarvis
- Snare [Drum], Timpani – Chris Wells
- Timpani – Graham Cole
- Vocals – Alun Thomas , Andrew Davis , Bernd Kowalzik, Peter Hammill, Stuart Gordon
NotesRecorded at the Michael Tippett Centre, Newton Park College, Bath.
Mixed at Terra Incognita.
"The composer calls his saxophone project SAX PAX, underlining that in this case the saxophones are not to be linked with military bands for which the instruments originally had been intended, but are used exclusively for peaceful purposes."
kopf a division of roof-music
distribution/im vertrieb von INDIGO
Released in a digipak with 12-page booklet.
[p][c] 1994 roof music - kopf
all songs published by roof-music/managarm
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 4015698910827
- Barcode (Text): 4 015698 910827
- Label Code: LC 05964
- Matrix / Runout: A0000052204-0101 42 0A [DADC-Logo]
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L552
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94E3
|kd 94 33 33||Moondog & The London Saxophonic||Moondog & The London Saxophonic - Sax Pax For A Sax (CD, Album, Dig)||Kopf||kd 94 33 33||Germany||1994|
|83069-2||Moondog & The London Saxophonic||Moondog & The London Saxophonic - Sax Pax For A Sax (CD, Album, RP)||Atlantic||83069-2||US||Unknown|
|kd 94 33 33||Moondog & The London Saxophonic||Moondog & The London Saxophonic - Sax Pax For A Sax (CD, Album)||Kopf||kd 94 33 33||Germany||1994|