Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway download mp3 album
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is the sixth studio album by the English rock band Genesis, released as a double album on 18 November 1974 by Charisma Records. It is their last album recorded with Peter Gabriel as their lead singer before his departure from the group in 1975.
The final Genesis album with original front man Peter Gabriel, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is widely considered to be the band’s magnum opus. The album was written in a unique way compared to the other Genesis works.
On their 1974 tour, Genesis played the album from start to finish. Gabriel wore several costumes throughout the show, including a grotesque mask during "The Colony Of Slippermen. This was the first song and title track to the double album which was the last Peter Gabriel contribution to Genesis.
In 1974 Genesis were coming off the back of their first British Top 10 studio album, Selling England By The Pound, and they had even had a brief flirtation with the singles chart with the quirky but catchy I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe), which got to Their recent chart success had also caused the brief Top 40 appearance in the charts of an earlier album, Nursery Cryme, so three years of building up a cult audience via that and their Foxtrot album, plus constant gigging, was paying of. Released in November 1974, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway reached in the UK, while nearly cracking the US Top 40, reaching and eventually going Gold. The band went on a world tour upon its release, performing the album in its entirety 102 times.
The Light Dies Down On Broadway. 10. Riding the Scree. Released: 18 Nov 1974. 2008 Virgin Records Ltd. More By Genesis. See All. The Platinum Collection. Live Over Europe, 2007. Selling England By the Pound.
When all this revolution is over, he sits down on a highly polished floor while his dizziness fades away youtube. 18 June 2013 ·. Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is with Luis Galan. 23 January 2013 ·.
My husband was a gawky 20 year old when he offered me my first extensive explication of the Lamb, complete with warbly falsetto embellishments. He listens to it during study time to block out sensory overwhelm. He listens on the bus to escape social awkwardness. Its mathematically precise but inventively structured songs both calm and intrigue him. And he and his dad never get tired of talking about it.
|1-1||The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway||4:52|
|1-2||Fly On A Windshield||2:45|
|1-3||Broadway Melody Of 1974||2:11|
|1-5||In The Cage||8:12|
|1-6||The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging||2:46|
|1-7||Back In N.Y.C.||5:45|
|1-9||Counting Out Time||3:41|
|1-10||The Carpet Crawlers||5:15|
|1-11||The Chamber Of 32 Doors||5:45|
|2-2||The Waiting Room||5:17|
|2-4||The Supernatural Anaesthetist||2:49|
|2-6||Silent Sorrow In Empty Boats||3:01|
|2-7||The Colony Of Slippermen: (A.The Arrival; B: A Visit To The Doktor; C: The Raven)||8:12|
|2-9||The Light Dies Down On Broadway||3:32|
|2-10||Riding The Scree||4:07|
|2-11||In The Rapids||2:22|
- Licensed To – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Record Company – USM Japan
- Marketed By – Universal Music LLC
- Distributed By – Universal Music LLC
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Genesis Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Carlin
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Anthony Banks Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Anthony Banks Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Steve Hackett Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Steve Hackett Music Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Peter Gabriel Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Peter Gabriel Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Philip Collins Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Philip Collins Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Michael Rutherford Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Michael Rutherford Ltd.
- Bass, Twelve-String Guitar – Mike Rutherford
- Design, Photography By – Hipgnosis
- Engineer – David Hutchins*
- Featuring [Enossification] – Brian Eno (tracks: 1-6)
- Guitar – Steve Hackett
- Guitar, Keyboards – Tony Banks
- Lacquer Cut By – Porky
- Percussion, Backing Vocals [Voicing], Vibraphone – Phil Collins
- Producer – Genesis, John Burns
- Vocals, Flute – Peter Gabriel
Notes℗ 1974 Genesis Music / Carlin
℗&© 2007 Anthony Banks Ltd., Philip Collins Ltd., Peter Gabriel Ltd., Steve Hackett Music Ltd., Michael Rutherford Ltd. under exclusive license to Virgin Records Ltd.
USM Japan, a Universal Music Company
Marketed & distributed by Universal Music LLC, Japan.
This Japanese SHM-CD reissue comes in a 'mini-LP' replica gatefold cardboard sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4988006553248
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): VJCP-98019 1A
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): VJCP-98020 1A
- Mastering SID Code (Both Discs): IFPI L245
- Mould SID Code (Both Discs): IFPI 4011
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Other (Price): ¥3,800
|CGS 101||Genesis||The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Charisma||CGS 101||UK||1974|
|9299257/8||Genesis||The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Philips||9299257/8||Argentina||1975|
|TOGP-15024•25||Genesis||The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (2xSACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album, RE, RM + DVD-)||Virgin, Charisma||TOGP-15024•25||Japan||2009|
|66 41 226, 92 99 257, 92 99 258||Genesis||The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Charisma, Charisma, Charisma||66 41 226, 92 99 257, 92 99 258||Spain||1975|
|VJCP-68096•97, CGSCDX 1||Genesis||The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (2xCD, Album, RE, RM, Car)||Virgin, Charisma||VJCP-68096•97, CGSCDX 1||Japan||1999|