Complete your The Carla Bley Band collection.
European Tour 1977, 1978. European Tour 1977, 1978. Rose and Sad Song, 11:06. Drinking Music, 04:19.
One of Carla Bley's most rewarding recordings, this set features her tentet playing such numbers as "Wrong Key Donkey," "Drinking Music" and the 19-minute "Spangled Banner Minor and Other Patriotic Songs. Bley's wry humor is often felt and she utilizes such colorful players as trumpeter Michael Mantler, Gary Windo on tenor, trombonist Roswell Rudd and Bob Stewart on tuba in this unusual, somewhat innovative and always fun music.
Live! is a live album by American composer, bandleader and keyboardist Carla Bley recorded at the Great American Music Hall in 1981 and released on the Watt/ECM label in 1982. Critical reaction to the album is generally positive but varies.
A1. Rose And Sad Song A2. Wrong Key Donkey. B1. Drinking Music B2. Spangled Banner And Other Patriotic Songs.
Carla Bley (born Lovella May Borg) is an American jazz composer, pianist, organist and bandleader. An important figure in the free jazz movement of the 1960s, she is perhaps best known for her jazz opera Escalator over the Hill (released as a triple LP set), as well as a book of compositions that have been performed by many other artists, including Gary Burton, Jimmy Giuffre, George Russell, Art Farmer, John Scofield and her ex-husband Paul Bley.
Carla Bley Live! Social Studies. More The Carla Bley Band. Listen to European Tour 1977 now. Listen to European Tour 1977 in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
|A1||Rose And Sad Song||11:05|
|A2||Wrong Key Donkey||7:47|
|B2||Spangled Banner And Other Patriotic Songs (Including Flags, And Now The Queen, King Korn And The New National Anthem)||19:16|
- Copyright (c) – WATT Works
- Published By – Alrac Music
- Recorded At – Bavaria Musikstudios
- Mixed At – Grog Kill Studio
- Alto Saxophone – Elton Dean
- Bass – Hugh Hopper
- Bass Drum – Hugh Hopper (tracks: B1)
- Design [Album] – Paul McDonough
- Drums – Andrew Cyrille
- Engineer – Jörg Scheuermann
- Engineer [Assistant] – Robert Wedel
- French Horn, Guitar – John Clark
- Organ, Tenor Saxophone, Producer, Composed By – Carla Bley
- Photography By [Cover] – Mumby
- Photography By [Inside] – Roberto Masotti
- Piano – Terry Adams
- Tenor Saxophone – Gary Windo
- Trombone – Roswell Rudd
- Trumpet, Engineer [Assistant] – Michael Mantler
- Tuba – Bob Stewart
Recorded September 1977 at Bavaria Musik Studios, Munich, Germany. Mixed October 1977 at Grog Kill Studio, Willow, New York
Made in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A, etched): WATT/8A-IA
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B, etched): WATT/8B-IA
|WATT/8, 2313 108||The Carla Bley Band||European Tour 1977 (LP, Album, Fol)||WATT Works, ECM Records||WATT/8, 2313 108||Germany||1978|
|WATT/8, 831 830-2||The Carla Bley Band||European Tour 1977 (CD, Album, RE)||WATT Works, ECM Records||WATT/8, 831 830-2||Germany||Unknown|
|J25J 20337||The Carla Bley Band||European Tour 1977 (CD, Album, RE)||WATT Works, ECM Records||J25J 20337||Japan||1989|