Band Name REM. Album Name Around the Sun. Type Album. Erscheinungsdatum 05 Oktober 2004. Labels Warner Music Group. Musik GenreAlternativ Rock. Mitglieder die dieses Album besitzen13. 3. The Outsiders (featuring Q-Tip). 6. I Wanted to Be Wrong. 10. High Speed Train. 11. The Worst Joke Ever. 12. The Ascent of Man. 13. Around the Sun. Dieses Alben kaufen.
1987 studio album by . expanded their instrumentation somewhat on the album, adding a dulcimer to "King of Birds" and a saxophone to "Fireplace". Accelerate.
Album by . Leaving New York.
The Ascent of Man. Archive content. M - Around the Sun/ - . 0. M - Around the Sun/Around the Su. og - . M - Around the Sun/R. Around the Su. lac - 36. 8. ue - . M - Around the Sun/Lyrics. M - Around the Sun/tracklist.
Around the Sun is the 13th studio album by the American alternative rock band . released in October 2004 on Warner Bros. The Outsiders" features a guest appearance by rapper Q-Tip. When the song was performed live, Michael Stipe carried out the rap, as he did on a later b-side release of the song.
Around the Sun. Label: Warner Bros. Kick me out of the cult. To be a true-blue, diehard member of a rock band's cult following there are certain unspoken rules. Perhaps the most sacred of which is to maintain that even the band's worst album is still a great piece of music. 1. You didn't listen to the album enough. It grows on you. There's always some truth to this argument. Some albums really do take time to unfold and reveal themselves. And to be fair, some moments on Around the Sun do stand out on the ninth or 12th spin, though not to the heights they've reached before. Make It All Okay" sports truly beautiful verses with the refrain of "didn't you now?" before the wave breaks on a melodramatic chorus. Likewise, "Wanderlust" aims for a bit of pop atmosphere a la Wilco's Summerteeth, and nearly gets there.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Leaving New York||4:49|
Featuring – Q-Tip
|4||Make It All Okay||3:44|
|6||I Wanted To Be Wrong||4:35|
|8||Boy In The Well||5:22|
|10||High Speed Train||5:03|
|11||The Worst Joke Ever||3:38|
|12||The Ascent Of Man||4:07|
|13||Around The Sun||4:28|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – R.E.M./Athens L.L.C.
- Copyright (c) – R.E.M./Athens L.L.C.
- Pressed By – Cinram, Olyphant, PA – Z29553
- Published By – Temporary Music
- Recorded At – The Warehouse Studio
- Recorded At – Compass Point Studios
- Recorded At – The Hit Factory Criteria
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Artwork [Packaging] – Chris Bilheimer, Michael Stipe
- Engineer – Jamie Candiloro
- Engineer [2nd Vancouver Assistant] – Bryan Gallant
- Engineer [Miami Assistant] – Javier Valverde, Jim Briggs
- Engineer [Nassau 2nd Assistant] – Alex Dixon
- Engineer [Nassau Assistant] – Oswald Bowe
- Engineer [Vancouver Assistant] – Kirk McNally
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Mixed By – Jamie Candiloro, Pat McCarthy, R.E.M.
- Performer – Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Peter Buck
- Performer [Additional Musician] – Hahn Rowe, Jamie Candiloro, Ken Stringfellow, Q-Tip, Scott McCaughey, Bill Rieflin*
- Photography By – Thomas Roman Dozol*
- Producer – Pat McCarthy, R.E.M.
- Written-By – Stipe*, Mills*, Buck*
NotesMastered at Sterling Sound, New York.
Special edition box which includes the original album in a cardboard sleeve plus 14 color posters by 14 different renowed artists, which contains the lyrics on the back of the posters.
Posters, Artist - Title - Year:
leaving new york - SAM SEAWRIGHT - Bible Leaves (detail) - 1998
electron blue - WOLFGANG TILLMANS - Aufsicht (interrupted) - 2000
the outsiders - JULES de BALINCOURT - Media Information Center (detail) - 2003
make it all okay - GUILLAME PINARD - Limbes n°2 - 2004
final straw - ROGAN - Home of the Free - Spring 2005
i wanted to be wrong - CAMILLE ROSE GARCIA - The Deconstructionist Army (detail) - 2004
wanderlust - Clare Rojas - Untitled (detail) - 2003
boy in the well - HOUSTON - Untitled - 2004
aftermath - DOUGLAS COUPLAND - New Ways of Looking at a Future That Never Was Study for Installation at TWA Terminal 5 JFK, Jamaica, NYC - October 2004 - January 2005
high speed train - BARRY McGEE - Detail from installation at Rose Art Museum - 2004
the worst joke ever - CHRIS BILHEIMER - Cat Burglar - 2004
the ascent of man - JACK PIERSON - Untitled - 2003
around the sun - THOMAS ROMAN DOZOL - Summer Distortion #7 - 2004
Credits - FISCHERSPOONER - Napoleon's Horse - 2004
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 9362-48906-2 1
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): Z29553 M1S2 1 48894-2 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): ifpi L909
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2U7J
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): Z29553 M1S5 1 48894-2 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): ifpi L909
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 2U3X
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): Z29553 1 48894-2 01 M1S1
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3): ifpi L909
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 2U3Z
|48894-2||R.E.M.||Around The Sun (CD, Album, Dig)||Warner Bros. Records||48894-2||US||2004|
|9362-49315-2||R.E.M.||Around The Sun (CD, Album + DVD-A, Multichannel, NTSC)||Warner Bros. Records||9362-49315-2||Europe||2005|
|48894-2||R.E.M.||Around The Sun (CD, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||48894-2||Thailand||2004|
|78422||R.E.M.||Around The Sun (2xLP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||78422||US||2004|
|WPCR-11915||R.E.M.||Around The Sun (CD, Album, Dig)||Warner Bros. Records||WPCR-11915||Japan||2004|