Money in the Pocket is the debut album led by keyboardist Joe Zawinul released on the Atlantic label in 1966. The first of three albums he recorded for Atlantic, it's a conventional mix of mid-1960s hard bop and soul jazz".
Zawinul is an album by jazz composer and pianist Joe Zawinul recorded in 1970 by Zawinul performing music for two electric pianos, flute, trumpet, soprano saxophone, two contra basses and percussion Contents.
Zawinul (1971) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Zawinul (1971).
Zawinul (CD, Album, RE). Atlantic, Atlantic Jazz. Zawinul", released just prior to the first Weather Report LP, gives us a chance to observe this music as originally envisioned by its composer, while still remaining firmly in the early psychedelic fusion sound that characterized both the Miles release and the first Weather Report release. This fantastic record also includes the well-known (to Miles fans) "Double Image", in a rather different musical context here as well.
zawinul album covers, zawinul album songs Zawinul is an album by jazz composer and pianist Joe Zawinul recorded in 1970 by Zawinul performing music for two electric pianos, flute, trumpet, soprano saxophone, two contra basses and percussion The album reached number 17 in the Billboard Jazz album charts1.
|A1||Doctor Honoris Causa||14:47|
|A2||In A Silent Way||4:47|
|B1||His Last Journey||4:37|
|B3||Arrival In New York||1:59|
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Published By – Zawinul Music
- Record Company – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Pressed By – Presswell
- Printed By – Queens Litho
- Published By – Zawinul Music
- Bass – Miroslav Vitous, Walter Booker
- Coordinator – Dick Cutler
- Electric Piano – Herbie Hancock, Joe Zawinul
- Engineer [Re-mix] – Lewis Hahn*
- Engineer [Recording] – Gene Paul, Lewis Hahn*
- Flute – George Davis (tracks: A1 to B1, B3), Hubert Laws (tracks: B2)
- Liner Notes – Miles Davis
- Melodica – Jack DeJohnette (tracks: B1)
- Percussion – Billy Hart, David Lee , Jack DeJohnette (tracks: B2), Joe Chambers
- Photography By [Cover Photo], Design – Ed Freeman
- Producer – Joel Dorn
- Soprano Saxophone – Earl Turbinton (tracks: A1 to B1, B3), Wayne Shorter (tracks: B2)
- Trumpet – Jimmy Owens (tracks: B1), Woody Shaw (tracks: A1, A2, B2, B3)
- Written-By [All Selections] – Joe Zawinul
NotesLabel variant with "1841 Broadway" address.
Music for two electric pianos, flute, trumpet, soprano saxophone, two contrabasses and percussion.
A1: Dedicated to Herbie Hancock for his Honorary Doctorate at Grinnell University in Des Moines, Iowa.
A2: Impressions of Joe Zawinul's as a shepherd boy in Austria.
B1: A tone poem reminiscent of his grandfather's funeral on a cold winter day in an Austrian mountain village.
B2: A concept of what man thinks he is as opposed to what he really is.
B3: Joe Zawinul's first impression of New York when he arrived here as a boy on a ship from France.
Recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, N.Y.
© 1971 Atlantic Recording Company
Printed in U.S.A.
Original inner sleeve printed by Queens Litho in U.S.A
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): ST-A-702093 PR
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): ST-A-702094 PR
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Side A): ST-A-702093C AT-GP
- Matrix / Runout (Hand-etched Side B): ST-A-702094-H AT-GP
- Rights Society: BMI
|SD 1579||Zawinul*||Zawinul (LP, Album, MO)||Atlantic||SD 1579||US||1971|
|1579-2||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (CD, Album, RE)||Atlantic, Atlantic Jazz||1579-2||US||1994|
|MOVLP1162||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (LP, Album, RE, RM, 180)||Music On Vinyl||MOVLP1162||Netherlands||2014|
|MSC 5006||Joe Zawinul||Zawinul (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Mosaic Contemporary||MSC 5006||US||2007|
|P-11037A||Zawinul*||Zawinul (LP, Album, RE)||Atlantic||P-11037A||Japan||1981|