Into Eternity's third album, Buried in Oblivion garnered itself a similar reaction from critics and fans alike, and is even regarded as the band's strongest by some. Before 2006's The Scattering of the Ashes I would have probably agreed with those sentiments, as Buried in Oblivion is indeed a very solid album. Into Eternity's musical direction takes on several different forms. Instrumentation within the album, Buried in Oblivion, is well-mixed, each song having its own sound with relatively no repetion making the album one you can listen start-to-finish. The guitars are well used; even though the shred-to-be-dead can get very boring, they manage to keep the mood in the air and mix up nice melodic solos with intense shredding frenzies, and in between, great use of lead guitar over powerful rhythm.
The most evident improvement has to be the vocals. I cannot see Into Eternity's current formula ever taking them that far, and 'Buried In Oblivion' is no exception.
Buried in Oblivion (2004) by Into Eternity. Labels: Century Media Records. Genres: Melodic Death Metal Members: Chris Krall, Tim Roth, Rob Doherty, Scott Krall, Jim Austin.
Into Eternity's third album, Buried in Oblivion garnered itself a similar reaction from critics and fans alike, and is even regarded as the band's strongest by some. Throughout each moment in the 10 track album, there are several different, yet interconnecting elements.
Album · 2004 · 10 Songs. Buried In Oblivion Into Eternity. More By Into Eternity.
Album by Into Eternity. Embraced by Desolation. 3 Dimensional Aperture. Beginning of the End. Point of Uncertainty. Spiraling into Depression. MusicBrainz: Buried in Oblivion. this site: Buried in Oblivion. ProgArchives: Buried in Oblivion.
|2||Embraced By Desolation|
|3||3 Dimensional Aperture|
|4||Beginning Of The End|
|5||Point Of Uncertainty|
|6||Spiraling Into Depression|
|8||Buried In Oblivion|
|9||Black Sea Of Agony|
- Copyright (c) – Magic Arts Publishing
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Century Media Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Touchwood Studios
- Mixed At – Touchwood Studios
- Mastered At – Touchwood Studios
- Published By – Magic Arts Publishing
- Artwork, Design [Logo], Layout – Mattias Norén
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Scott Krall
- Engineer – Johnny 'Six Pack' Gasparic*, Scott Krall
- Lead Vocals, Vocals [Death Vocals] – Chris Krall
- Lead Vocals, Vocals [Death Vocals], Guitar – Tim Roth
- Lyrics By – Chris Krall, Rob Doherty, Tim Roth
- Mixed By [Assisted By], Mastered By [Assisted By] – Into Eternity
- Mixed By, Mastered By – Johnny 'Six Pack' Gasparic*, Scott Krall
- Music By [All Songs Written By], Performer, Arranged By – Into Eternity
- Percussion, Vocals [Death Vocals] – Jim Austin
- Photography By [Band Photo] – Darrol Hofmeister
- Producer – Johnny 'Six Pack' Gasparic*, Scott Krall
- Vocals [Death Vocals], Guitar – Rob Doherty
- Written-By [Symphonic Arrangements], Performer [Symphonic Arrangements] – Scott Krall
NotesThe Category is listed as CM 77433-2 on the spines and the booklet, and as 77433-2 on the disc face.
On the back cover:
Ⓒ 2004 Magic Arts Publishing
Ⓟ 2005 Century Media Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5051099743328
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB45
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0722
- Matrix / Runout: [Sonopress Logo] 51001144/77433-2P 02
- Label Code: LC 6975
|CMR 8133-2, 8133-2||Into Eternity||Buried In Oblivion (CD, Album)||Century Media, Century Media||CMR 8133-2, 8133-2||US||2004|
|77433-2P||Into Eternity||Buried In Oblivion (CD, Album, Promo)||Century Media||77433-2P||Germany||2004|
|WOM034||Into Eternity||Buried In Oblivion (LP, Album, RE)||War On Music||WOM034||Canada||2012|
|CM 77433-2, 77433-2||Into Eternity||Buried In Oblivion (CD, Album)||Century Media, Century Media||CM 77433-2, 77433-2||Germany||2004|
|8133-2||Into Eternity||Buried In Oblivion (CD, Album, Promo)||Century Media||8133-2||US||2004|