Boomtown is the Los Angeles themed and only studio album by the American rock duo David + David, released on July 7, 1986 through A&M Records.
David + David's Boomtown is a hard look at urban life in the 1980s, a time when many were fulfilling the American Dream of financial success and upward mobility. It is not an easy album to listen to, as the characters depicted in the songs are often dealing with major problems such as drugs and domestic violence. But it is an artful record, full of poetry and convincing stories of the hard times that many silently endured. At times the record is full of pop hooks, and at other stages a more bleak sound dominates.
1. Welcome To The Boomtown. 2. Swallowed By The Cracks. Boomtown (Cass, Album). Boomtown (LP, RE, TP, 200).
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). 1. 30. Welcome To The Boomtown (Album Version). Swallowed By The Cracks (Album Version). The only flaw in this collection of amazing music is that Welcome to the Boomtown is such a superlative effort that it almost eclipses the rest of the album. 4 people found this helpful.
david and david swallowed by the cracks welcome to the boomtown aint so easy david baerwald big city title track alone in the big still sounds baerwald and david ricketts highly recommended back to those days years ago years later radio station never heard rest of the album start t.8/5. R" printed at the bottom of the labels denotes an RCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis pressing. Boomtown is the Los Angeles themed and only studio album by the American rock duo David + David, released on July 7, 1986 through A&M Records.
David and David: Boomtown The upscale mixes and faux-soul exaggerations of generic AOR are such a turnoff that I wouldn't have played this twice if it hadn't been produced by Davitt Sigerson, who's made a career of justifying such mannerisms as critic and artist. Turns out it's got the goods technically-songs, hooks, subtle little touches. And not only do these two studio rats know the follies of their chosen profession, they don't romanticize them much-or else they romanticize them effectively, which is even rarer
Welcome To The Boomtown. 02. David & David - Boomtown (1986)/David & David - Boomtown. David & David - Boomtown (1986)/Boomtown. David & David - Boomtown (1986)/covers/ - . 0. David & David - Boomtown (1986)/covers/raz4. David & David - Boomtown (1986)/covers/back-posev. David & David - Boomtown (1986)/covers/raz5. David & David - Boomtown (1986)/covers/raz3. David & David - Boomtown (1986)/covers/cd.
Welcome to the Boomtown. Artist: David & David. Album: Boomtown, 1986. From their 1986 "Boomtown" album. The single reached on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1986 and on the Billboard Top Rock Tracks chart.
|A1||Welcome To The Boomtown||5:30|
|A2||Swallowed By The Cracks||4:16|
|A3||Ain't So Easy||4:50|
|A4||Being Alone Together||5:31|
|B1||A Rock For The Forgotten||4:25|
|B2||River's Gonna Rise||4:28|
|B3||Swimming In The Ocean||3:58|
|B4||All Alone In The Big City||4:37|
- Published By – Zen Of Iniquity
- Published By – 48/11
- Published By – Almo Music Corp.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – A&M Records, Inc.
- Drums – Ed Greene
- Engineer – John Beverly Jones
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Judy Clapp
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Percussion – Paulinho Da Costa
- Producer – Davitt Sigerson
- Programmed By [Programming] – Phil Shenale*
- Recorded By, Mixed By – John Beverly Jones
- Vocals [Additional Vocals] – Camille Henry, Noland Void, Toni Childs
- Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Piano, Drums, Keyboards, Harmonica, Lap Steel Guitar – David + David
- Written-By – David Baerwald, David Ricketts (tracks: A1 to B4)
NotesRecorded at Skyline, A&M, Mad Hatter and Capitol Studios
Mixed at Capitol Studios
Publisher 48/11 appears as 48/11 Music
Released with a printed insert with lyrics and credits.
SP 5134 is on album cover and record labels.
sp 6-5134 appears only on the printed insert.
There is no barcode on this version.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side label): SP 5134 A
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side label): SP 5134 B
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side etched runout (Except D is stamped)): SP-5134-A-G1A D G1 A15 (HXMP)
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side etched runout): SP-5134-B-G1A G2 B4 (HXMP)
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|395134-1, 395 134-1||David + David||Boomtown (LP, Album)||A&M Records, A&M Records||395134-1, 395 134-1||Germany||1986|
|L 38665||David + David||Boomtown (LP, Album)||A&M Records||L 38665||Australia||1986|
|CS 6-5134||David + David||Boomtown (Cass, Album)||A&M Records||CS 6-5134||US||1986|
|cd5134/dx729, 7502151342||David + David||Boomtown (CD, Album)||A&M Records, A&M Records||cd5134/dx729, 7502151342||US||Unknown|
|SP-5134||David + David||Boomtown (LP, RE, TP, 200)||Classic Records||SP-5134||US||2003|