Maureen Tucker - Life In Exile After Abdication download mp3 album
What ever happened to Maureen Tucker" You ask yourself that every day. Well ask no longer. Maureen is alive and kicking and still creating music. Life in Exile After Abdication" is a great solo record put out by Ms. Tucker and it is also alive and kicking . with artists like Lou Reed and the members of Sonic Youth aiding in this album, it should be the best album ever. It isn't but it's still good. I have it on a record I got from my dad.
Maureen Tucker chronology. Moejadkatebarry (1987)Moejadkatebarry1987. Life in Exile After Abdication (1989). I Spent a Week There the Other Night (1991)I Spent a Week There the Other Night1991. Rather than performing all of the instruments herself, as on her debut album, Tucker is accompanied by performers such as Lou Reed, Jad Fair, Daniel Johnston and members of Sonic Youth Contents.
1991 studio album by Moe Tucker. I Spent a Week There the Other Night. Studio album by. Moe Tucker. I Spent a Week There the Other Night (1991). Oh No, They're Recording This Show (1992). All songs written and arranged by Maureen Tucker except where noted.
Moe Tucker chronology. Moejadkatebarry (1987). Maureen Tucker - vocals, guitar, percussion. Jad Fairs - lead guitar, percussion. Kate Messer - 12-string guitar, percussion. 1. Album – Album, is a collection of audio recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, audio tape, or another medium. Albums of recorded music were developed in the early 20th century, first as books of individual 78rpm records, vinyl LPs are still issued, though in the 21st century album sales have mostly focused on compact disc and MP3 formats. The audio cassette was a format used from the late 1970s through to the 1990s alongside vinyl, an album may be recorded in a recording studio, in a concert venue, at home, in the field, or a mix of places. Rather than performing all of the instruments herself, as on her debut album, Tucker is accompanied by Lou Reed, Jad Fair, Daniel Johnston and members of Sonic Youth Track listing. All tracks written by Moe Tucker except where noted.
Maureen Tucker blazed many trails in the 1960s as the drummer with the Velvet Underground, but by the 1980s she was a single mother in her mid-forties, raising a family in Georgia and supporting herself with a day job at Wal-Mart. That hardly sounds like the bio of a typical alternative rock musician, but it also means she had a lot more to say about life and where it can take you than most people who pop up on the CMJ charts, and in 1989 she poured a bunch of her life experiences into the album Life in Exile After Abdication. It's an album that proves just how much rock & roll can say about life as a grown-up in the real world.
Except for the jam, it's all nice enough-Tucker's modest middle-aged housewife is an innovation in much the way her drumming once was. But "Work," "Spam Again," and "Hey Mersh!" are Amerindie knockouts, lived postpunk takes on the grind and release of lower-middle class adulthood, a subject rock and rollers usually leave to Nashville company men. Somebody try and make a hit out of this woman.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Drums – Joe*, Scott*Guitar – Kate*Guitar, Bass – Hank*Lead Guitar – Lou*Vocals, Guitar – Maureen*Written-By – M. Tucker*
Drums – Scott*Lead Guitar – Jad*Percussion – Hank*, Jad*, Joe*, Kate*, Kim*, M.C.*, Maureen*Slide Guitar – Hank*Twelve-String Guitar – Kate*Vocals, Guitar – Maureen*Written-By – M. Tucker*
Backing Vocals – Hank*, Joe*, Kate*Vocals, Guitar – Maureen*Written-By – Huddie Ledbetter, John A. Lomax
Arranged By – Hank*, Jad*, Kate*, Kim*, Lee*, Maureen*, Thurston*Bass – Kim*Congas – Kate*Cymbal – Jad*Drums – Maureen*Guitar – Hank*, Lee*, Thurston*Written-By – M. Tucker*
Acoustic Guitar – Kate*Guitar – Hank*, Jad*Vocals, Guitar, Piano – Maureen*Written-By – M. Tucker*
Bass – Barry*Drums – Scott*Guitar – Kate*Lead Guitar, Bass – Hank*Vocals – Maureen*Written-By – M. Tucker*
|B2||Pale Blue Eyes
Backing Vocals – Daniel*, Don*, Hank*, Jad*, Kate*, Kim*, Maureen*, Rob*, Scott*Bass – Kim*Guitar – Hank*Lead Guitar – Lou*Vocals, Drums, Guitar – Maureen*Written-By – Lou Reed
Backing Vocals – Hank*, Jad*, Kate*, Kim*, Maureen*, Scott*Bass – Kim*Drums – Steve*Vocals, Guitar – Maureen*Written-By – E. McDaniel*
|B4||Talk So Mean
Bass – Kim*Drums – Scott*Piano – Ann Marie*Twelve-String Guitar – Kate*Vocals, Guitar – Maureen*Written-By – M. Tucker*
|B5||Do It Right
Vocals – Maureen*Vocals, Piano – Daniel*Written-By – Daniel Johnston, Jad Fair
- Distributed By – Dutch East India Trading
- Manufactured By – Dutch East India Trading
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – LSR Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-21453
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-21454
- Published By – M. Tucker
- Published By – Ledbetter & Lomax
- Published By – Oakfield Avenue Music Ltd.
- Published By – Arc Music
- Published By – Sit Boy Girl Music
- Recorded At – Noise New York
- Recorded At – Mirror Image Studios, Gainesville, FL
- Mixed At – Cheshire Sound Studios
- Mastered At – Europadisk
- Mastered At – Sheffield Lab Matrix – △ 24419
- Arranged By – Daniel Johnston (tracks: B5), Maureen Tucker* (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B4)
- Artwork [Front Cover] – David Fair
- Engineer [Cheshire Sound] – George Pappas
- Engineer [Mirror Image] – Bill Dudley, Bob McPeek, Buddy Ray
- Engineer [Noise New York] – Mark Kramer*
- Graphics [Color Seps] – Richard Proplesch
- Layout [Cover Coordination] – Kate Messer
- Musician – Hank Beckmeyer, Jad Fair, Kate Messer, Maureen Tucker*
- Musician [Special Guests] – Ann Marie Ear, Barry Stock, Daniel Johnston, Don Fleming, Joe Martinelli, Kim Gordon, Lee Ranaldo, Lou Reed, M.C. Kostek, Rob Elk, Scott Jarvis, Steve Shelley, Thurston Moore
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Hank Beckmeyer
- Producer, Mixed By – Maureen Tucker*
- Typography [Typesetting] – Phil Milstein
NotesRecorded March, 1988 at Noise New York/NYC, N.Y. and June-October, 1988 at Mirror Image/Gainesville, FL.
Mixed Friday & Saturday - December, 1988 at Cheshire Sound/Atlanta, GA.
All songs published by (M. Tucker/BMI) except
A3 (Ledbetter & Lomax/BMI)
B2 (Oakfield Ave. Music, Ltd./BMI)
B3 (Arc Music/BMI)
B5 (Sit Boy Girl Music/BMI)
Lou Reed appears courtesy of Sire Records, Inc.
Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo, and Steve Shelley appear courtesy of Blast First
© ℗ 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts Records, Inc.
℗ 1989 LSR Records, Inc.
Manufactured & distributed by Dutch East India Trading
Jacket made in Canada.
Issued with blue promo sheet and red sticker on front.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 017538010715
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): EUROPADISK-DMM MOE 7-1/4/2 A DMM △ 24419 1- S-21453
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): EUROPADISK-DMM S-21454 MOE 7-1/4/2 B DMM △ 24419-x 1-1
- Rights Society: BMI
|MOE 7-1||Maureen Tucker*||Life In Exile After Abdication (LP, Album, TP)||50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts Records||MOE 7-1||US||1989|
|MOE 7-4||Maureen Tucker*||Life In Exile After Abdication (Cass, Album)||50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts Records||MOE 7-4||US||1989|
|MOE 7-1||Maureen Tucker*||Life In Exile After Abdication (LP, Album)||50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts Records||MOE 7-1||Netherlands||1989|
|CREV 011CD||Moe Tucker||Life In Exile After Abdication (CD, Album, RE)||Rev-Ola||CREV 011CD||UK||1993|
|MOE 7-2||Maureen Tucker*||Life In Exile After Abdication (CD, Album)||50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts Records, Boudisque||MOE 7-2||Germany||1989|