Nick Moss Band’s latest is a double CD titled From the Root to the Fruit. This release presents the musical story of the birth and growth of the blues genre as it relates to popular music. The first CD has a bit of 40’s and 50’s jump blues, Texas, Chicago, and Uptown sounds. Concept albums were a staple of rock super groups. Whether it was the tale of Ziggy Stardust or Aqualung or Tommy, concept albums presented a glimpse into the soul of the musical storyteller. His new concept record From the Root to the Fruit (Blue Bella Records 2016) presents the musical story of the birth and growth of the blues genre as it relates to popular music. As Moss explains, From the Root to the Fruit is a little looser than his typical recordings.
Nick Moss Band releases new double disc studio album with a monster 27 tracks on Blue Bella Records Friday May 20th, 2016!! -ROCK AND ROLL WITH SOUL AND BLUES WITH A GROOVE - Featuring the amazing vocals of Michael Ledbetter, (Descendant of the Great Lead Belly) and the blazing inventive fretwork of guitar master Nick Moss. The first CD has a bit of 40's and 50's jump blues, Texas, Chicago, and Uptown sounds. The second CD focuses on progressive and experimental music. We delve into 60's soul and the garage punk sound, high rhythm soul and harder sounds, says Moss. I wanted to showcase my band. They're a group of guys who just keep growing musically and getting better and better. I also recognized that, as a band leader, I was growing too.
Nick Moss Band's latest is a double CD titled From the Root to the Fruit. 'The first CD has a bit of 40's and 50's jump blues, Texas, Chicago, and Uptown sounds. From The Roots To The Fruits' is better than a greatest hits album because these two discs and 27 songs are powerful proof. Nick Moss Band is still vital and full of ideas two decades into an amazing career. -Josh Hathaway, BlindedBySound.
Nick Moss Band, The Harsh Truth - Miss Faraway 04:27. Nick Moss Band - Before the Night Is Through 03:10. Nick Moss Band - Make Way for Me 03:24. Nick Moss Band - Dead Man's Hand 04:19. Nick Moss Band - From the Root to the Fruit 03:53. Nick Moss Band - Haymarket Hop 05:24. Nick Moss Band - Symone 04:02. Nick Moss Band - Love Me 02:30. Nick Moss Band - Lost and Found 06:16.
The Nick Moss Band’s latest studio album and there are two juicy, discs with a total of 27 tracks of dynamite blues from the world’s best blues jam band! Each track features the superb talent that makes this group the powerhouse that it is! The title track features Moss himself on the harmonica, showing he is as skilled on harp as he is with the guitar. Start your summer on the right track and pick up From the Root to the Fruit, destined to become a classic.
Nick Moss: guitar & vocals; Michael Ledbetter: vocals & guitar; Nick Fane: bass; Taylor Streiff: keyboards; Patrick Seals: drums. com/ Filmed in HD by Joan Mallotides aka BluesBroad 4/9/16 The Cutting Room - New York City. You can leave your e-mail and we will let you know when the broadcast of the station will be online again: Or listen to the other country dec name stations.
Top Songs By Nick Moss Band. 01. Was I Ever Heard. 357. 02. Before The Night Is Through. 231. 03. Serves Me Right.
|1-1||Before The Night Is Through||3:12|
|1-2||Make Way For Me||3:24|
|1-3||Dead Man's Hand||4:18|
|1-4||From The Root To The Fruit||3:54|
|1-8||Lost And Found||6:16|
|1-11||Long Tall Woman||2:44|
|1-12||The Woman I Love||4:28|
|2-1||Catch Me I'm Falling||4:53|
|2-4||Serves Me Right (Space Jam)||9:43|
|2-5||Ta Ta For Tay Tay||4:34|
- Copyright (c) – Blue Bella Records
- Recorded At – Rancho de Rhythm Studio
- Manufactured By – Disc Makers – MAH4374
- Manufactured By – Disc Makers – MAH4375
- Arranged By – Nick Moss (tracks: 2-4)
- Backing Vocals – Lara Jenkins (tracks: 2-6, 2-8, 2-9, 2-12), Tina J. Crawley (tracks: 2-6, 2-8, 2-9, 2-12)
- Bass – Nick Fane (tracks: 2-1 to 2-13)
- Cover [Art] – Pat Moriarity
- Design – Kate Moss
- Drums, Percussion – Patrick Seals
- Engineer – Ryan Mills
- Engineer, Mixed By – Patrick Seals
- Guitar – Michael Ledbetter (tracks: 2-1 to 2-5, 2-7, 2-8, 2-11, 2-12)
- Guitar [Second solo], Guest [Special] – David Hidalgo (tracks: 2-7)
- Harmonica – Nick Moss (tracks: 1-4)
- Harmonica, Guest [Special] – Jason Ricci (tracks: 1-12)
- Keyboards – Taylor Streiff (tracks: 2-1 to 2-13)
- Mastered By – Dan Steinman
- Producer, Engineer, Mixed By, Guitar – Nick Moss
- Rhythm Guitar – Michael Ledbetter (tracks: 1-7, 1-9, 1-12)
- Saxophone, Guest [Special] – Sax Gordon (tracks: 1-2, 1-3, 1-5)
- Vocals – Michael Ledbetter (tracks: 1-1, 1-2, 1-6 to 1-9, 1-11, 1-13, 2-1, 2-2, 2-6, 2-9 to 2-11), Nick Moss (tracks: 1-3, 1-4, 1-12, 2-3, 2-4, 2-7, 2-8, 2-12)
- Written-By – Elmore James (tracks: 1-11), Junior Wells (tracks: 1-7), Mel London (tracks: 1-7), Michael Ledbetter (tracks: 1-1, 1-2, 1-6, 1-8, 1-9, 1-13, 2-1, 2-10, 2-11), Nick Moss (tracks: 1-3 to 1-5, 1-7, 1-10 to 1-12, 1-14, 2-2, 2-3, 2-5 to 2-9, 2-12, 2-13), Traditional (tracks: 2-4)
NotesDisc 1: Roots / Disc 2: Fruits.
Gatefold card sleeve
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 800595102321
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): MAH4374
- Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): MAH4375
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 1): IFPI LZ74
- Mastering SID Code (Disc 2): IFPI LZ71
- Mould SID Code (Disc 1 - mirrored): IFPI ALK05
- Mould SID Code (Disc 2 - mirrored): IFPI ALK01