Point of Entry is the seventh studio album from the British heavy metal band Judas Priest. It was released on 26 February 1981. In 1980 Judas Priest garnered some airplay with "Breaking the Law" and "Living After Midnight" from their album British Steel. As a result, the band pursued a more radio friendly direction on Point of Entry. Following the conclusion of the British Steel World Tour, the band began work on their next project
Labels: Columbia Records, Sony Music. Published on January 9, 2019. Point of Entry (Full Album). Album : Point of Entry (1981).
Band Name Judas Priest. Album Name Point of Entry. Data wpisu 17 Luty 1981. Wydawcy Epic Records Columbia Records CBS Records. Styl muzycznySpeed Heavy. Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album507.
Having reinvented themselves as an arena metal act with the hugely successful British Steel, Judas Priest naturally opted to stay the course with Point of Entry, keeping things simple while adding a bluesy boogie in places, a sound they hadn't really attempted in quite some time. However, where British Steel's simplicity was an effective reworking of the band's sound, Point of Entry's songs aren't always up to par, making its less well-crafted tracks sound like lunkheaded, low-effort filler.
By: Judas Priest (1981, Rock). More albums from Judas Priest: Live In London by Judas Priest. Battle Cry by Judas Priest. Unleashed In The East (Live In Japan) by Judas Priest. Live In London by Judas Priest. A Touch Of Evil – Live by Judas Priest. Sad Wings Of Destiny by Judas Priest. Redeemer Of Souls by Judas Priest. British Steel by Judas Priest. View all albums . Point Of Entry. By: Judas Priest (1981, Rock). 1. Heading Out To The Highway.
This album was my introduction to Judas Priest and it still sounds good, especially Desert Plains and Turning Circles.
|1||Heading Out To The Highway||3:44|
|7||You Say Yes||3:25|
|8||All The Way||3:47|
|10||On The Run||3:41|
|12||Desert Plains (Live)||5:06|
- Artwork By [Artwork & Design] – L-Space Design
- Artwork By [Original Design] – Roslav Szaybo
- Artwork By [Re-masters Cover Concept] – Judas Priest
- Bass – Ian Hill
- Drums – Dave Holland
- Engineer – Louis Austin
- Guitar [Lead] – Glenn Tipton, K. K. Downing
- Lead Vocals – Rob Halford
- Mastered By – Ray Staff
- Mastered By [Remastered] – Jon Astley
- Mixed By – Tom Allom
- Other [Management] – Bill Curbishley/Trinifold Management
- Other [Remastering Co-ordinated By] – Jayne Andrews
- Photography – Judas Priest Archives
- Producer – Judas Priest, Tom Allom
- Written-By – G. Tipton*, K. K. Downing (tracks: 1 to 10, 12), R. Halford*
NotesOriginally released in 1981, this remastered re-released contains 2 bonus tracks:
● "Thunder Road" was written during the Ram It Down album sessions and recorded at PUK Studios, Denmark, December 1987.
● "Desert Plains (live)" is incorrectly said to've been recorded on the US Point Of Entry tour in 1981, it's actually taken from the May 23, 1986 King Biscuit broadcast from the Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis, Missouri.
Replica from 2001' EU CD remastered reissue, includes 8-pages booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099750 213223
- Matrix / Runout: PUS-3318 2
|S CBS 84834||Judas Priest||Point Of Entry (LP, Album)||CBS||S CBS 84834||UK||1981|
|MOFR 00232||Judas Priest||Point Of Entry (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Monsters Of Rock||MOFR 00232||Russia||2002|
|ASF 2607||Judas Priest||Point Of Entry (LP, Album)||CBS||ASF 2607||South Africa||1981|
|84834||Judas Priest||Point Of Entry (LP, Album)||CBS||84834||Portugal||1981|
|ESCA 7873||Judas Priest||Point Of Entry (CD, Album, Promo, RE, RM)||Epic||ESCA 7873||Japan||2001|